The magnificent Mt. Rainier 8X16 Greenhouse from Sunshine GardenHouse maximizes your greenhouse experience. Standing very nearly ten feet tall at the peak and eight feet wide, there is plenty of room for growing and relaxing.
Each Mt. Rainier model is made with a clear natural redwood frame and twin-wall polycarbonate panels. The greenhouse includes four vents with automatic openers, two roof ridge vents and two base vents at the back wall. A convenient Dutch door entry provides additional ventilation control and access. This can be upgraded to an optional 39" wide wheelchair and wheelbarrow accessible door.
No foundation is necessary as every greenhouse includes a Trex base that can be put onto any surface including soil. It is only necessary to make sure that this surface is as level as possible. The frame base of the GardenHouse is a durable plastic with the authentic look, color and texture of redwood, but with the consistent properties of plastic, making it resistant to insect and moisture damage.
With the pre-assembled panels, you can easily assemble your Mt. Rainier GardenHouse in less than a day, depending on how much help you have. Each GardenHouse includes easy-to-follow printed instructions, clearly labeled panels, an excellent assembly video, and friendly phone support from the manufacturer for any installation questions.
With up to four optional benches, you can optimize your space for your growing needs. Other accessories are available as well to help you get the most benefit from your greenhouse. The Mt. Rainier 8X16 Greenhouse is sure to bring lots of use and enjoyment to your family for many years to come.
- Model: GKP816
- Nominal Size: 8' x 16'
- Dimensions: 120" height x 96" width x 192" depth
- Door dimensions: 28" width x 78" height (optional 39" width wheelchair and wheelbarrow accessible door available)
- Attractive and durable redwood frame is naturally resistant to insect and moisture damage
- Durable 4.5mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels will not crack or shatter, provide great insulation for your plants, retain heat in the winter, diffuse light for even plant growth, and block 98% of harmful UV rays
- Patented rigid tie connectors for added strength
- GardenHouse has been independently lab tested to withstand 85 mph winds with no damage
- 45 degree roof slope increases heat in the winter and reduces heat in the summer while providing ample headroom and plant-hanging space
- 18 lbs. per sq. ft. maximum snow load
- Designed for easy assembly with ordinary household tools as all parts are pre-cut, pre-drilled, and numbered
- All that is needed is a level surface that is at least the size of the exact exterior dimensions
- All necessary hardware is included along with illustrated, step-by-step manual and assembly video
- Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits
- Classic design to fit any location
- Friendly toll-free technical support available from Sunshine for installation help
- Ships via ground freight carrier in 8 boxes weighing a total of 712 lbs.
- 5 year warranty against defects in workmanship, 10 year prorated warranty on polycarbonate
- Sunshine Gardenhouse stands by its products completely and has never had a warranty claim in 20 years
- Made in the U.S.A.
Automatic Openers for Roof/Base Vents - Automatic vent operators on the roof and base vents require no electricity or batteries. The vent operator contains a paraffin (wax) that expands when the temperature reaches about 65°F, pushing the vent open to its fully opened position at about 85°F. As it cools and the paraffin contracts, the operator's springs draw each vent closed. It is adjustable within approximately 5°F and easily detachable for manual operation.
4' Extension Kit - The 8X16 Mt. Rainier can be made into an 8X20 structure with the optional extension kit.
Anchor Kit - The anchor kit is recommended to protect your greenhouse against high winds and inclimate weather. Each kit contains two anchors, which are easily hammered into the ground. Two anchors are preferred each side. The anchors consist of 4 1/2" diameter x 16" rebar ribbed steel stakes, along with two cold galvanized anchor base plates.
Bench Kit - The elegant redwood benches are specially designed by Sunshine Gardenhouse to give you plenty of sturdy space to work on and display your plants. The 31" wide by 16' long benches run the length of the greenhouse, and each unit can hold up to four. If the optional 39" wide wheelchair accessible door is chosen, the benches will be 21" wide by 16' long. Made with clear natural redwood, these benches have a 5 year warranty. The benches can be stacked to provide even more growing area.
Door Upgrade - The single Dutch door can be widened to 39 inches to be wheelchair accessible and allow for easier entry with larger plants and wheelbarrows.
Extra Door - An extra single Dutch door can be added to back of the greenhouse to provide access from both ends and complete cross ventilation for your greenhouse. The extra door is available at no additional cost, and it replaces the standard back wall panel which has a vent. It can be upgraded to 39 inches wide for wheelchair accessibity.
Customer Submitted Images for Sunshine Mt. Rainier 8X12 Greenhouse