The Sunglo Model 1000F Greenhouse (8X18) has been a favorite of gardeners throughout the country for over four decades. Classically designed by former aeronautical engineers and made in America, this model includes the premium package to give you every accessory you would need to start growing right out of the box.
Sunglo greenhouses feature extremely sturdy construction with a strong riveted aluminum frame. They have been tested to withstand up to 2500 lbs. of snow load and wind gusts of up to 80 MPH. The heavy gauge DR acrylic plexiglass has 100 times the impact strength of regular single pane glass.
The Sunglo Model 1000F can be easily assembled with just standard hand tools. A detailed instruction manual and installation video is included, and your greenhouse can be ready for use in just a weekend or so depending on how much help you have. All of the components are pre-cut and very easy to work with.
Sunglo greenhouses are extremely efficient as they are constructed with two wall panels. The two layers of high impact acrylic plexiglass create a dead-air space to provide ten times the insulation of a single pane of glass, keeping your heating and cooling costs low.
|The Therma-Truss© system is unique to
Sunglo greenhouses. The cross-section of
the greenhouse wall above shows two layers
of high impact acrylic which forms "dead-air"
space. This design makes the walls
extremely solid while still diffusing sunlight
and providing excellent insulation.
|The acrylic plexiglass walls found in all Sunglo greenhouses are made with a special UV inhibitor, which will resist discoloration and deterioration over time. This will also enhance your plants growth by preventing excess UV exposure, particularly in the summer months.
- Model: 1000F Premium
- Nominal dimensions: 8' width x 18' length
- Exterior dimensions: 7' 9" width x 17' 6" length x 7' height
- Width of each roof panel: 29.5"
- High quality aluminum frame and riveted structure
- Premium Package adds benches, shelves, light fixture with timer, circulation fan, heater, soil mixing tray, 25' coiled hose with water wand, and shade cloth
- UV-stabilized acrylic plexiglass panels (30mm inside and 60mm outside panels) are impact resistant
- Double glazed 1-1/2" (38mm) thick walls and roof for superior insulation (insulation value of R 3.1)
- Panels allow 92% light transmission
- Single storm-style, hinged, locking door with vertical sliding screened window for additional ventilation
- Includes powered ventilation system: 12" 760 CFM exhaust fan, 12" motorized shutter, moisture-resistant fan/shutter thermostat
- Black vents at front and back ridges can be opened manually
- Designed for 80+ MPH wind rating and 32 lbs. per square foot snow load
- All the necessary hardware including rivet gun, rivets, drill bits, foundation screws, and vinyl sill plate guards are included
- All parts are pre-cut and pre-drilled and labeled and the kit is designed for assembly in 2-3 days
- Detailed instruction manual and installation video are included
- Friendly technical support available from Sunglo Greenhouses for installation help
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Some images may not be to scale and/or show building with optional contents or accessories such as furniture or shelving that are not included
- Note: Sunglo greenhouses are built to order and typically ship in three to five weeks and so can not be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Sunglo Greenhouses and Greenhouse Nation stand by its structures and work to make sure you are completely satisfied
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
- 12 year limited warranty on panels against discoloration
Included With Premium Package
Cedar Benches - Cedar benches with an aluminum frame that are 30 inches wide are included for both sides of the entire length of the greenhouse. One bench is included in lean-to greenhouses. Bench sections can easily be removed to accommodate tall plants or your other storage needs as the benches do not need to run the full length.
Cedar Shelves - Cedar shelves with an aluminum frame that are 12 inches wide are included for both sides of the entire length of the greenhouse. One shelf is includes in lean-to greenhouses.
Circulation Fan - A clip-on, two speed, multi-directional circulation fan is included to help keep the temperature throughout the greenhouse consistent.
Coiled Watering Hose - A 25' coiled watering hose with 36 inch water wand nozzle is included. It is lightweight, takes up little space, and is used to help keep your plants properly hydrated.
Control Panel - The control panel comes in 110V or 120V and operates the powered ventilation system and heater for year round temperature control.
Heater - Depending on the size of your greenhouse, a 110V or 220V heater is included with the premium package. The heater helps keep your greenhouse at a comfortable working temperature and ensures your plants stay above freezing on the coldest nights.
Light Fixture - A 48 inch fluorescent light fixture with bulbs is included along with an automatic light timer. The timer has two outlets and a manual on/off switch.
Shade Cloth - The proper size shade cloth for this greenhouse is included with the premium package. It has a 73% gradient and is double sewn with reinforced edges and brass grommets.
Soil Mixing Tray - A 25 gallon heavy-duty mixing tray is included that easily fits into any corner section of the bench framework.
Door Drop - The door drop kit includes the necessary hardware and panels to be installed above the door of the greenhouse so that it drops down by up to 24 inches. This allows for the greenhouse to be built upon a stem wall (knee wall) foundation. A stem wall provides a solid base to build upon, raises the peak height by whatever amount you choose up to 24 inches, and is universally thought to add to the already beautiful aesthetics of the greenhouse.
Extra Door - An extra single door can be added to back of the greenhouse to provide access from both ends and complete cross ventilation for your greenhouse.
Sunglo Greenhouses Product Videos
Sunglo Greenhouses Promotional Video
Sunglo Model 1000C Greenhouse Assembly
Sunglo Model 1500C Lean-To Greenhouse Assembly
Sunglo Greenhouses Model 1200C Construction Time Lapse
Sunglo Greenhouses Insulation Comparison
Sunglo Greenhouses Light Transmission
Sunglo Greenhouses Baseball Test
Sunglo Greenhouses Aquaponics Setup
Sunglo Greenhouses Shipping Information
The factory for Sunglo Greenhouses is in Kent, WA. Therefore the shipping time to eastern states is a bit longer than to the rest of the country. Curbside delivery is included with every order, and a liftgate service is included at no additional cost when available by the shipper.
Curbside delivery means that the delivery company will lower the pallet(s) off the delivery truck at the end of your driveway, though they will usually try to back the truck onto your driveway for a closer delivery. The driver is not responsible for unpacking or moving pallets to the build location.
When your greenhouse arrives from the shipper, it is recommended for the customer to have at least two people available to help move each piece in the pallet from the curb to wherever the structure will be assembled. Though the entire pallet(s) will weigh a lot, each piece is manageable by one or two people.
We will email you tracking information as soon as it is available. And when your order arrives at the shipping terminal closest to your home, the dispatcher there will call you to set up the delivery appointment, usually for the next day or whenever is convenient for you.
Sunglo Greenhouses of Kent, WA has been a leading maker of high-quality greenhouse kits since its founding by former aeronautical engineers in 1976. The original design of a high-grade aluminum frame and riveted structure has remained essentially the same and has been sold in every state and many other countries.
Ensuring the highest quality of workmanship and customer satisfaction is the top priority for all employees of Sunglo Greenhouses. The company's commitment to quality is second to none and though new items are always on the drawing board, much of the product line has been available for many years.
These classic designs have been nearly perfected to highest levels of quality and ease of assembly. The instruction manuals are constantly updated to make them easier to understand and packaging has been constantly upgraded to the point where any damage during shipping is extremely rare.
Each kit is built to order to your exact specifications and carefully inspected and packaged before being loaded onto the truck. The skilled craftsmanship and attention to detail is evident in every completed structure as evidenced by the thousands of happy customers all over the world.