Due to extraordinary circumstances, this Santa Barbara Greenhouse may take 4-5 months or so to ship, though it may be sooner.
As a long-time authorized dealer, we're accepting orders and are in constant contact with the manufacturer to ensure that your receive your greenhouse in a timely manner. We can also take your order at this time with only a 10% deposit.
Please contact us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-881-3716.
The Standard 7X8 Redwood Lean-To Greenhouse from Santa Barbara Greenhouses provides a classic design at an affordable price. Special knot-free California redwood is selected for its beauty and high durability and the greenhouse is made entirely in America. The Standard Redwood is available in a wide variety of sizes to fit any yard and growing capacity.
The frame is well-insulated with 4mm double wall polycarbonate panels that easily screw in place. This creates dead air spaces that serve as insulation. The panels can be upgraded from 4mm to 6mm panels for added insulation, and the frame is bolted together with hefty steel plates to provide considerable strength.
The Standard Redwood Lean-To is easy to assemble with help and can be put together is just 2 or 3 days. All parts are pre-cut and pre-drilled at the factory and all the hardware is sorted for your convenience.
Clear and fully-illustrated directions are included, and technical support is available direct from the manufacturer if needed. The Santa Barbara Standard Redwood Lean-To Greenhouse is sure to provide your family with years of use and enjoyment.
- Nominal dimensions: 7' wide x 8' long
- Exterior dimensions: 6' 10 3/4" wide x 8' long
- Interior dimensions: 6' 7 3/4" wide x 7' 9"long
- Framing made of untreated and unstained natural redwood that is sustainably harvested in northern California
- Kiln-dried redwood does not require painting and will not rust, corrode, crack, or be affected by temperature changes
- Side wall height: 6'
- Peak height: 7' 9"
- 4mm twin-wall polycarbonate is virtually clear and allows 95% light transmission (optional 6mm polycarbonate available for even more insulation)
- Panel width: 4'
- Hinged Dutch door with upper and lower half: 24 1/4" width x 78" height
- Includes 2 sliding vents (vents are replaced by powered ventilation system components if exhaust fan, shutter, or premium package is added)
- Rafter ties for extra strength
- High side walls maximize internal growing space as compared with greenhouses that have sloped sides or dome shapes
- Small plants can be hung from rafters
- All necessary heavy-duty galvanized hardware is included
- Includes steel brackets and lag bolts for attaching to home; customer will supply expansion bolts if needed
- All parts are pre-cut and pre-drilled and the kit is designed for simple assembly in 2-3 days
- Detailed manual with pictures and step-by-step instructions
- Friendly technical support available from Santa Barbara Greenhouses for installation help
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Some images may not be to scale and/or show building with optional contents or accessories such as furniture or shelving that are not included
- Note: No gaskets are needed though foam or rubber weatherstripping can be use along with color-matched caulking to create a watertight seal against the attached structure
- Note: Santa Barbara greenhouses are built to order and typically ship in four to five weeks or less and so can not be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Approximate shipping weight: 425 lbs.
- Santa Barbara Greenhouses guarantees against defects in manufacturing and workmanship
- 10 year limited warranty on polycarbonate, 1 year limited warranty on parts
- Santa Barbara Greenhouses and Greenhouse Nation stand by its structures and work to make sure you are completely satisfied
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
Bench Kit - These attractive and durable benches are made of kiln-dried California Redwood. They come in pairs to run the length of your greenhouse. The benches bolt directly into the frame for added stability and provide plenty of functional growing area for your plants.
Door Placement - The door of this lean-to greenhouse can be placed on either side of the greenhouse. If you enter the lean-to from inside your home, please select whether you want the door to be on the left or right side.
Liftgate Delivery - The liftgate service is offered by the shipper for some orders to provide delivery off the truck to your curbside. The carrier will lower the packaged skid off the delivery truck to the ground with a forklift-type device. From there, it is ready for unpacking and moving in individual pieces to the assembly site.
As these kits are quite heavy, if you do not have a loading dock or a forklift available, the liftgate is a recommended option when available to speed up delivery. The pallet can then be opened at your curbside and each piece is lightweight enough so that they can be individually moved to the assembly site. This usually only takes about 30 minutes or less depending on how much help you have.
The liftgate is a required option when glass panels are selected due to the high weight and fragility of the crate(s). Even with the liftgate, two people are recommended to be available to receive delivery in order to expedite the offloading process.
Panel Upgrade - The wall panels on the Standard kits can be upgraded from 4mm double wall polycarbonate to 6mm double wall polycarbonate. This provides slightly more rigidity and insulation for the greenhouse. The 6mm panels are virtually unbreakable and provide an R value of about 1.8. The 6mm panels allows for about 90% light transmission, helping to minimize interior condensation.
Premium Package - Besides the greenhouse itself, the premium package adds the bench kit, a 10" motorized exhaust fan in a rear panel, a 10" shutter for the door, a thermostat, a heavy duty heater, and an automatic mist system. The automatic mist system includes a timer and solenoid valve with multiple mist nozzles that can turn on up to 8 times a day for 1 minute of water and 1/2" PVC piping. A 1/2" water line is to be supplied by the customer.
Santa Barbara Greenhouses Shipping Information
The factory for Santa Barbara Greenhouses is in northern California. Therefore the shipping time to eastern states is a bit longer than to the rest of the country. Curbside delivery is included with every order, and the liftgate option is recommended.
Curbside delivery means that the delivery company will lower the pallet(s) off the delivery truck at the end of your driveway, though they will usually try to back the truck onto your driveway for a closer delivery. The driver is not responsible for unpacking or moving pallets to the build location.
When your greenhouse arrives from the shipper, it is recommended for the customer to have at least two people available to help move each piece in the pallet from the curb to wherever the structure will be assembled. Though the entire pallet(s) will weigh a lot, each piece is manageable by one or two people.
We will email you tracking information as soon as it is available. And when your order arrives at the shipping terminal closest to your home, the dispatcher there will call you to set up the delivery appointment, usually for the next day or whenever is convenient for you.
About Santa Barbara Greenhouses
Santa Barbara Greenhouses of Oxnard, CA has been a leading maker of high-quality greenhouse kits since 1972. The dozens of different greenhouse models and sizes have been sold in every state and many other countries.
Ensuring the highest quality of workmanship and customer satisfaction is the top priority for all employees of Santa Barbara Greenhouses. The company's commitment to quality is second to none and though new items are always on the drawing board, much of the product line has been available for many years.
These classic designs have been nearly perfected to highest levels of quality and ease of assembly. The instruction manuals are constantly updated to make them easier to understand and packaging has been constantly upgraded to the point where any damage during shipping is extremely rare.
Each kit is built to order to your exact specifications and carefully inspected and packaged before being loaded onto the truck. The skilled craftsmanship and attention to detail is evident in every completed structure as evidenced by the thousands of happy customers all over the world.