The Santa Barbara Montecito 6X12 Greenhouse combines both modern design and function with its Insalume aluminum frame. This provides added durability and the Montecito is available in a wide variety of sizes to fit any yard and growing capacity.
The frame is highly insulated with 8mm double wall polycarbonate panels that slip perfectly into channels to create dead air spaces that serve as insulation. No bar caps or gaskets are needed because of this clever design, and everything is bolted together with hefty 16 gauge steel plates.
The Montecito is designed for ease of assembly and depending on how much help you have it can be erected in just 2 or 3 days. All parts are pre-cut and pre-drilled at the factory and all the hardware is sorted for your convenience.
Clear and fully-illustrated directions are included, and technical support is available direct from the manufacturer if needed. The Montecito Greenhouse is sure to bring your family many years of use and enjoyment.
- Nominal dimensions: 6' wide x 12' long
- Exterior dimensions: 6' wide x 12' long
- Interior dimensions: 5' 10" wide x 11' 10" long
- Color: aluminum mill finish (optional bronze powdercoating available)
- Framing made of durable Insalume aluminum alloy
- Side wall height: 6'
- Peak height: 7' 1 1/2"
- Commercial-grade 8mm double wall polycarbonate panels
- Panel width: 4'
- Hinged Dutch door with upper and lower half: 24" width x 75" height
- Includes 1 sliding vent in rear (vent is replaced by powered ventilation system components if exhaust fan, shutter, or premium package is added)
- Rafter ties for extra strength
- High side walls maximize internal growing space as compared with greenhouses that have sloped sides or dome shapes
- Small plants can be hung from rafters
- All necessary heavy-duty galvanized hardware is included
- All parts are pre-cut and pre-drilled and the kit is designed for simple assembly in 2-3 days with all bolt construction
- Panels simply slip into the frame which is then bolted together with 16 gauge steel plates
- Frame has no gaps and there is no need for bar caps or gaskets
- Detailed manual with pictures and step-by-step instructions
- Friendly technical support available from Santa Barbara Greenhouses for installation help
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Many images show the Montecito with optional bronze powercoating for the frame
- Note: Some images may not be to scale and/or show building with optional contents or accessories such as furniture or shelving that are not included
- Note: Santa Barbara greenhouses are built to order and typically ship in two to three weeks and so can not be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Approximate shipping weight: 300 lbs.
- Santa Barbara Greenhouses guarantees against defects in manufacturing and workmanship
- 10 year limited warranty on polycarbonate, 1 year limited warranty on parts
- Santa Barbara Greenhouses and Greenhouse Nation stand by its structures and work to make sure you are completely satisfied
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
Aluminum Benches - These attractive and durable benches are made of aluminum and are specially designed for Montecito greenhouses. One bench is includes to run the length of your greenhouse. The bench bolts directly into the frame for added stability and provide plenty of functional growing area for your plants.
Bronze Powdercoating - The Santa Barbara Montecito comes with an aluminum mill finish. The frame can be powdercoated in a bronze color that is seen in many of the pictures to give the frame an added layer of protection and a more distinct look.
Extra Door - An extra single door can be added to back of the greenhouse to provide access from both ends and complete cross ventilation for your greenhouse.
Liftgate Delivery - The liftgate service is offered by the shipper for some orders to provide delivery off the truck to your curbside. The carrier will lower the packaged skid off the delivery truck to the ground with a forklift-type device. From there, it is ready for unpacking and moving in individual pieces to the assembly site.
As these kits are quite heavy, if you do not have a loading dock or a forklift available, the liftgate is a recommended option when available to speed up delivery. Even with the liftgate, two people are recommended to be available to receive delivery in order to expedite the offloading process.
The pallet can then be opened at your curbside and each piece is lightweight enough so that they can be individually moved to the assembly site. This usually only takes about 30 minutes or less depending on how much help you have.
Premium Package - Besides the greenhouse itself, the premium package adds the bench kit, a 10" motorized exhaust fan in a rear panel, a 10" shutter for the door, a thermostat, a heavy duty heater, and an automatic mist system. The automatic mist system includes a timer and solenoid valve with multiple mist nozzles that can turn on up to 8 times a day for 1 minute of water and 1/2" PVC piping. A 1/2" water line is to be supplied by the customer.
Roof Vent - If no exhaust fan is ordered as a separate accessory or as part of the premium package, roof vents are available for the Montecito. These vents include an automatic vent opener that opens and closes the vents as the temperature changes. They provide a great way to add extra ventilation for your greenhouse. The Montecito can accommodate one vent every four feet of length.
Santa Barbara Greenhouses Shipping Information
The factory for Santa Barbara Greenhouses is in northern California. Therefore the shipping time to eastern states is a bit longer than to the rest of the country. Curbside delivery is included with every order, and the liftgate option is recommended.
Curbside delivery means that the delivery company will lower the pallet(s) off the delivery truck at the end of your driveway, though they will usually try to back the truck onto your driveway for a closer delivery. The driver is not responsible for unpacking or moving pallets to the build location.
When your greenhouse arrives from the shipper, it is recommended for the customer to have at least two people available to help move each piece in the pallet from the curb to wherever the structure will be assembled. Though the entire pallet(s) will weigh a lot, each piece is manageable by one or two people.
We will email you tracking information as soon as it is available. And when your order arrives at the shipping terminal closest to your home, the dispatcher there will call you to set up the delivery appointment, usually for the next day or whenever is convenient for you.
About Santa Barbara Greenhouses
Santa Barbara Greenhouses of Oxnard, CA has been a leading maker of high-quality greenhouse kits since 1972. The dozens of different greenhouse models and sizes have been sold in every state and many other countries.
Ensuring the highest quality of workmanship and customer satisfaction is the top priority for all employees of Santa Barbara Greenhouses. The company's commitment to quality is second to none and though new items are always on the drawing board, much of the product line has been available for many years.
These classic designs have been nearly perfected to highest levels of quality and ease of assembly. The instruction manuals are constantly updated to make them easier to understand and packaging has been constantly upgraded to the point where any damage during shipping is extremely rare.
Each kit is built to order to your exact specifications and carefully inspected and packaged before being loaded onto the truck. The skilled craftsmanship and attention to detail is evident in every completed structure as evidenced by the thousands of happy customers all over the world.