The Deluxe 12X12 Redwood Lean-To Greenhouse by Santa Barbara Greenhouses combines both modern design and function. Special knot-free California redwood is selected for its beauty and high durability and the greenhouse is made entirely in America. The Deluxe Redwood Lean-To is available in a wide variety of sizes to fit any yard and growing capacity.
The Deluxe is the most-well engineered redwood lean-to greenhouse available today. The studs and rafters are double that of the Standard line. The modular sections are bolted together the panels are glazed with your choice of 3/16" thick tempered glass or 6mm double wall polycarbonate.
This lean-to greenhouse is easy to assemble with help and can be put together in just 2 or 3 days. All parts are pre-cut and pre-drilled at the factory by skilled craftsmen and all the hardware is sorted for your convenience.
Clear and fully-illustrated directions are included, and technical support is available directly from the manufacturer if needed. The Santa Barbara Deluxe Redwood Lean-To Greenhouse is sure not only to increase the value of your home, but to bring your family years of use and enjoyment.
- Nominal dimensions: 12' wide x 12' long
- Exterior dimensions: 12' 1½" wide x 12' 3"long
- Interior dimensions: 11' 11" wide x 11' 7" long
- Framing made of untreated and unstained natural redwood that is sustainably harvested in northern California
- Kiln-dried redwood does not require painting and will not rust, corrode, crack, or be affected by temperature changes
- Side wall height: 6'
- Peak height: 10' 1"
- Deluxe kit is modular which doubles the studs and rafters as you bolt the sections together, giving it twice the framing of a Standard kit
- Deluxe kit has panels are set into a groove in the wood and trimmed with a 1" x 2" cover while in Standard kits the panels are simply screwed to the inside of the frame
- Your choice of 3/16" tempered glass side panels with polycarbonate roof or 6mm translucent polycarbonate side panels with polycarbonate roof
- R value is ~1.8 for polycarbonate and ~1.2 for tempered glass
- Polycarbonate filters harmful UV-rays and allows about 90% light transmission
- Tempered glass breaks into safe pieces rather than dangerous shards and allows complete light transmission
- Panel width: 2'
- Hinged French door with 10 panes of tempered glass: 32" width x 80" height
- 2 roof and 2 bottom side vents: approximately 18" width x 48" length (some vents are replaced by powered ventilation system components if exhaust fan, shutter, or premium package is added)
- Rafter ties for extra strength
- High side walls maximize internal growing space as compared with greenhouse that have sloped sides or dome shapes
- Small plants can be hung from rafters
- All necessary heavy-duty galvanized hardware is included
- Includes steel brackets and lag bolts for attaching to home; customer will supply expansion bolts if needed
- All parts are pre-cut and pre-drilled and the kit is designed for simple assembly in 2-3 days
- Detailed manual with pictures and step-by-step instructions
- Friendly technical support available from Santa Barbara Greenhouses for installation help
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Some images may not be to scale and/or show building with optional contents or accessories such as furniture or shelving that are not included
- Note: No gaskets are needed though foam or rubber weatherstripping can be use along with color-matched caulking to create a watertight seal against the attached structure
- Note: Santa Barbara greenhouses are built to order and typically ship in two to three weeks and so can not be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Approximate shipping weight: 890 lbs.
- Santa Barbara Greenhouses guarantees against defects in manufacturing and workmanship
- 10 year limited warranty on polycarbonate, 1 year limited warranty on parts
- Santa Barbara Greenhouses and Greenhouse Nation stand by its structures and work to make sure you are completely satisfied
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
Automatic Vent Opener - The mineral wax in the metal cylinder in the opener responds to an increase in outside temperature by automatically and gradually opening the vent. As the temperature cools, the vent gradually closes to reset the original position. Automatic openers are extremely convenient for maintaining the proper greenhouse temperature and preventing your plants from getting overheated on hot summer days. The automatic openers from Santa Barbara Greenhouses are designed for simple installation and work with both roof and side vents.
Bench Kit - These attractive and durable benches are made of kiln-dried California Redwood. They come in pairs to run the length of your greenhouse. The benches bolt directly into the frame for added stability and provide plenty of functional growing area for your plants.
Door Placement - The door of this lean-to greenhouse can be placed on either side of the greenhouse. If you enter the lean-to from inside your home, please select whether you want the door to be on the left or right side.
Liftgate Delivery - The liftgate service is offered by the shipper for some orders to provide delivery off the truck to your curbside. The carrier will lower the packaged skid off the delivery truck to the ground with a forklift-type device. From there, it is ready for unpacking and moving in individual pieces to the assembly site.
As these kits are quite heavy, if you do not have a loading dock or a forklift available, the liftgate is a recommended option when available to speed up delivery. The pallet can then be opened at your curbside and each piece is lightweight enough so that they can be individually moved to the assembly site. This usually only takes about 30 minutes or less depending on how much help you have.
The liftgate is a required option when glass panels are selected due to the high weight and fragility of the crate(s). Even with the liftgate, two people are recommended to be available to receive delivery in order to expedite the offloading process.
Panels - The wall panels on the Deluxe kits can be your choice of 6mm double wall polycarbonate or 3/16" tempered glass. The roof panels will be polycarbonate with either selection.
Polycarbonate is practical for a growing greenhouse as it offers 50% more insulation than traditional single pane glass while diffusing excess sunlight in the summer. It is virtually unbreakable and provides an R value of about 1.8. The polycarbonate allows for about 90% light transmission, helping to minimize interior condensation.
Many Santa Barbara customers prefer the glass option as it is both economical compared to other premium glass greenhouses and aesthetically pleasing. It allows approximately complete light transmission while being virtually translucent. The glass is tempered to minimize any possibility of breakage or injury while still providing an R value of about 1.2.
Premium Package - Besides the greenhouse itself, the premium package adds the bench kit, a 12" motorized exhaust fan for one of the roof vents, automatic vent openers for any remaining roof vents, a thermostat, a heavy duty heater, and an automatic mist system. The automatic mist system includes a timer and solenoid valve with multiple mist nozzles that can turn on up to 8 times a day for 1 minute of water and 1/2" PVC piping. A 1/2" water line is to be supplied by the customer.
Ships In Panelized Sections - The lean-to greenhouse comes as a kit with everything designed to be assembled on site. Sections of the greenhouse can be preassembled at the factory, speeding up the final assembly process considerably.
Santa Barbara Greenhouses Shipping Information
The factory for Santa Barbara Greenhouses is in northern California. Therefore the shipping time to eastern states is a bit longer than to the rest of the country. Curbside delivery is included with every order, and the liftgate option is recommended.
Curbside delivery means that the delivery company will lower the pallet(s) off the delivery truck at the end of your driveway, though they will usually try to back the truck onto your driveway for a closer delivery. The driver is not responsible for unpacking or moving pallets to the build location.
When your greenhouse arrives from the shipper, it is recommended for the customer to have at least two people available to help move each piece in the pallet from the curb to wherever the structure will be assembled. Though the entire pallet(s) will weigh a lot, each piece is manageable by one or two people.
We will email you tracking information as soon as it is available. And when your order arrives at the shipping terminal closest to your home, the dispatcher there will call you to set up the delivery appointment, usually for the next day or whenever is convenient for you.
About Santa Barbara Greenhouses
Santa Barbara Greenhouses of Oxnard, CA has been a leading maker of high-quality greenhouse kits since 1972. The dozens of different greenhouse models and sizes have been sold in every state and many other countries.
Ensuring the highest quality of workmanship and customer satisfaction is the top priority for all employees of Santa Barbara Greenhouses. The company's commitment to quality is second to none and though new items are always on the drawing board, much of the product line has been available for many years.
These classic designs have been nearly perfected to highest levels of quality and ease of assembly. The instruction manuals are constantly updated to make them easier to understand and packaging has been constantly upgraded to the point where any damage during shipping is extremely rare.
Each kit is built to order to your exact specifications and carefully inspected and packaged before being loaded onto the truck. The skilled craftsmanship and attention to detail is evident in every completed structure as evidenced by the thousands of happy customers all over the world.