Riverstone Industries, one of the very best manufacturers of premium American-made greenhouses, offers their 6X18 shade cloth in a variety of shade percentages for all of your shading and covering needs. Proudly made in the United States, this shade cloth is UV-stabilized and backed by a seven year warranty.
It features heavy-duty corner grommets spaced about two feet apart that allow you to secure the shade cloth in a variety of ways. Optional bungee balls are available from Riverstone as well as shade cloth rope, though simple zip ties from any home center will also work to keep your shade cloth in place.
The shade cloth is available in six different shade densities, each of which is ideal for a particular use. The 55% shade cloth is the most popular and is the best fit for most general purpose applications. From greenhouse and patio covering to uses such as bird netting or even temporary fencing, this Riverstone shade cloth will provide you reliable protection from the sun and elements for many years to come.
- Model: SC618
- Nominal size: 6' x 18'
- Made of tightly woven black polypropylene strands that are UV-stabilized for use even in sunny climates
- Comes in your choice of 6 shade densities
- Includes 24 brass grommets which are durable and rust-resistant
- Grommet spacing: about 2 feet
- Simple installation without any tools
- Secures easily with optional bungie balls, flat rope, or zip ties
- Lightweight fabric does not place excessive stress on supporting structures
- Water permeable to accommodate rain and irrigation
- Allow for better ventilation than competing fabrics
- Strong fabric resists chemicals
- Various uses include shade for greenhouses and patios, light-sensitive plants, work areas, and animals such as livestock or poultry
- Can also be used for hail protection, tempory fencing, erosion control, building sand dunes, and even bird netting
- Greenhouse and plant use will keep the interior cooler, reduce moisture loss on hotter days, protect against birds, and help extend the growing season
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits or restrictions
- Friendly technical support from Riverstone Industries is available for any questions
- Greenhouse Nation is an authorized dealer of all Riverstone products
- Riverstone Industries and Greenhouse Nation stand by its greenhouses and work to make you completely satisfied
- Proudly made in the USA by Riverstone and ships direct from their Georgia factory within days
- Shipping weight: 3 lbs.
- 7 year limited warranty
Riverstone Shade Cloth Options
Bungie Balls - Riverstone bungie balls allow for easy quick securing of any shade cloth or canopy cover. They are made of durable nylon and have a plastic ball on the end that is designed to retain its elasticity over time. Made in the USA, the balls come in packs of 10 or 25.
Flat Rope - Flat rope is available from Riverstone to secure any shade cloth. The rope is black and color and is the same material that is used in commercial greenhouse and agricultural trade projects. Each pack comes with 190 feet of rope.
30% Shade Cloth Density Percentage - This is the lightest density available and blocks out about 30% of the light. It is perfect for plants such as asters, chrysanthemums, geraniums, and snapdragons. It is also used often for bird protection or deer fencing.
47% Shade Cloth Density Percentage - This percentage is perfect for plants such as gloxinias, herbs, irises, lilies, vegetables, and various bedding plants. It is also used often for dog runs, decks, patio covers, and greenhouses.
55% Shade Cloth Density Percentage - This percentage is most common selection and is a great general purpose shade density for most applications. It is perfect for plants such as bromeliads and certain orchids (dendrobiums, epidendrums, vandas). It is also used often for dog runs, decks, patio covers, and greenhouses.
63% Shade Cloth Density Percentage - This percentage is perfect for certain orchids such as oncidiums and phalenopsis. It is also used often for dog runs, decks, patio covers, and greenhouses.
73% Shade Cloth Density Percentage - This percentage is perfect for plants such as ferns, philidendrons, and certain orchids (cypripendiums). It is also used often for privacy fencing and deer fencing.
80% Shade Cloth Density Percentage - This percentage is the highest available and blocks out about 80% of the light. It is perfect for plants that require much shading such as ginseng. It is also used often for privacy fencing and deer fencing.
Riverstone Shade Cloth Features
About Riverstone Industries
The founders of Riverstone Industries have applied their combined decades of experience in the greenhouse space to a new line of products that are among the very best in the market. The product line now includes virtually everything needed by hobby and commercial gardeners alike and is popular with both.
Based on extensive industry contacts and years of customer feedback, the Monticello line of greenhouses was designed to offer a commercial-grade structure for gardeners of all skill levels at affordable prices. Having a product line that is proudly made in America was a top priority for the team at Riverstone.
This has become a reality and the Monticellos have the same frame quality and heavy-duty 8mm polycarbonate walls that are used in commercial units that cost orders of magnitude more. They are made to the highest standards in the United States for Riverstone by one of the nation's top builders of large-scale commercial greenhouses.
Riverstone Industries offers a variety of accessories for its Monticello greenhouses that include shelving, shade cloths, watering systems, portable sinks, pollinating systems, and even composting sacks for all for gardening needs. Riverstone's friendly staff is available to assist directly with any questions and they take great pride in their products and work tirelessly to make their customers completely satisfied.