Due to extraordinary circumstances, all Little Cottage Company greenhouses may take up to 10 weeks to ship, though it may be a bit sooner.
As an authorized dealer, we're accepting orders and are in constant contact with Little Cottage Company to ensure that your receive your greenhouse in a timely manner. Please let us know if you have any questions at all.
The 8X8 Colonial Gable Greenhouse by Little Cottage Company, one of the nation's top builders of wooden structures, is a wonderful addition to any backyard.
They have applied their years of experience building shed, garage, and playhouse kits to a line of elegant greenhouses that are both functional and easy to assemble.
The kit comes in panelized sections and includes detailed assembly instructions with all parts pre-cut and pre-drilled to specifications. Once a suitable base has been prepared, the greenhouse can be assembled in one weekend or less depending on how much help you have.
Hinged doors with a locking mechanism provide easy entry, and the greenhouse can be painted to any color you choose. Dozens of transom and working windows provide plenty of sunlight for your plants, as does the semi-translucent SunSky™ roof panels.
The 8X8 Colonial Gable Greenhouse will serve as the centerpiece of your garden and help ensure that all of your fruits, vegetables, flowers, and other seasonals have a well-insulated place to grow year round.
- Nominal size: 8' x 8'
- Model: 8x8-LCG-RPNK
- 64 square feet
- SunSky™ corrugated polycarbonate roof in soft white
- Panelized sections and high-quality, 98% pre-primed exterior trim and siding for easy assembly
- LP SmartSide wood siding and straight trim is pre-fastened to the panels to insure panels are square
- Composite exterior trim for extra durability
- Interior is unprimed
- Floor dimensions: 96" x 96"
- Inside height: 111"
- Outside height: 126"
- Sidewall height: 76.5"
- 2" x 4" wall framing, 16" on center
- 2" x 4" trusses, 24" on center
- Full-size Dutch door with window, colonial hinges, and latch: 34" x 72"
- 12 transom windows: 10" x 18"
- 25 single hung working aluminum windows: 18" x 22"
- Windows made of durable and safe tempered glass
- Vents on each gable end
- Includes wood shelves on 3 sides
- Includes rods for hanging baskets
- All necessary hardware (latches, screws, handles, nails) is included
- 3-4" overhang on buildings
- Includes link to clear and fully-illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Designed for easy assembly in just a weekend or so with common household tools
- Elegant design to fit any garden
- Perfect for growing in all climates
- Crushed stone base 1' wider on either side of the greenhouse is recommended by the manufacturer
- Note: Customer provides paint to match any desired color: 3.5 gallons of paint for building and 1.5 gallons of paint for trim
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Some images are not to scale or may show structure with optional contents or accessories
- Note: Little Cottage Company greenhouses are built to order and so can not be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Greenhouse Nation is an authorized dealer of all Little Cottage Company products
- Little Cottage Company and Greenhouse Nation stand by its greenhouses and work to make you completely satisfied
- Shipping pallet size: 79" x 99" x 48"
- Weight: 1620 lbs.
- LP Smartside® is a green building material, is treated to resist rot, termites, and mold, and has a 5 year replacement/50 year limited warranty
- 1 year limited warranty with unlimited technical support directly from Little Cottage Company
- Ships directly from factory in Millersburg, OH in just 1-2 weeks
- Proudly made in the USA
Floor Kit - The floor kit for Little Cottage Company Colonial Gable greenhouses includes 4" x 4" runners, 2" x 4" framing 16" on center, and 5/8" plywood flooring that are cut to the exact size of your structure for easy assembly. To save money, customers can opt to build their own floor with materials from your local home center. Crushed stone or pea gravel is also a common interior floor material as it allows for water drainage, but a wooden foundation is still needed. Some customers even use outdoor decking or even tiles for a truly custom interior floor. This floor kit weighs 260 pounds.
About Little Cottage Company
Little Cottage Company is run by the Schlabach family of Berlin, OH, right in the heart of Amish country. It was started as a project to build the best playhouse possible for the owner's young daughter and has since expanded in a diverse line of playhouses, storage sheds, greenhouses, and personal chapels. Ensuring the highest quality and customer satisfaction is the top priority for all Little Cottage Company employees.
Each kit is built to order to your exact specifications and carefully inspected and packaged before being loaded onto the truck. The skilled craftsmanship and attention to detail is evident in every completed structure and there are thousands of happy customers in every state.
Assembly Tips For Little Cottage Company Greenhouses
While the process of assembling a greenhouse might seem daunting, these kits are designed to be assembled by customers with no prior building experience. Depending on your skill level and the size of the structure, putting together a kit can take 2 adults one full weekend or more.
Many customers opt to hire a local handyman or contractor to simplify this process, and the affordable price of the kits makes it easy to do this. They can be readily found online at sites like AngiesList or HomeAdvisor or Yelp. A copy of the assembly manual is available as a PDF near the bottom of this page to give you a better idea of the process.
Floor Kit - Whether you order the floor kit from Little Cottage Company or purchase it locally, it is recommended to install a floor under the greenhouse. The floor helps to elevate the structure off the ground, greatly extending its longetiviy as is reduces the exposure of the frame to moisture. The floor also helps to ensure that the entire structure is perfectly square as the walls attach directly to it.
Runners - It is a best practice to fasten pressure-treated 4" x 4" runners underneath the floor. When the floor is flipped over, you're ready to start building the rest of the greenhouse. This adds greatly to the stability of the structure and raises it above the ground a few inches. These runners make the floor much stronger and allow you to move it in one piece with a forklift or perhaps several strong adults.
Site Preparation - Customers often tell us that the trickiest part of the the process is making sure that they have a good foundation upon which to build the structure. This base should extend beyond the dimensions of your greenhouse by a couple of inches on each side. It is ideal to have the foundation be as level as possible. Each of the options mentioned here, crushed stone, a concrete pad, or concrete pavers, will greatly increase the longetiviy of your structure by improving drainage and air flow, thereby keeping the wood looking as new as possible.
Using a base of about 4 to 5 inches of crushed stone (¾" clean) is recommended to allow for the best drainage underneath the structure. Using 12 inches of crushed stone around the perimeter is best as it allows for even more drainage and keeps weeds at bay.
The crushed stone can be installed by digging out 4 inches of soil and then simply leveling the stone. Or the frame of the floor can be first made with pressure-treated 4" x 4" runners or landscape timbers and then filled flush to the top with crushed stone.
Another option is a concrete pad that could be installed as the base. A good installation should be perfectly level and the pad should be as close to ground level as possible. Little Cottage Company recommends that the concrete pad extend beyond each side of the structure by 12 inches. Concrete pavers could also be used as a less expensive and quicker alternative to the concrete pad.