The attractive 5X3 Petite Greenhouse from Little Cottage Company is the perfect solution for growing plants in a limited space. Drawing upon years of experience designing playhouses, sheds, and other structures, the Petite Greenhouse is an wonderful addition to any garden.
Little Cottage Company structures are designed to be easy to assemble, and this greenhouse can be put together in as little as a day, depending on how much help you have. The greenhouse features a large area of windows to allow plentiful sunlight in, and has double doors in the back for easy access.
The Petite Greenhouse offers both functional design and sturdy build in an affordable package. As it will add to your home's value and provide plenty of enjoyment in the form of fresh flowers, fruits, vegetables, and other plants, this greenhouse is sure to benefit your family for years to come.
- Nominal size: 5' x 3'
- Model: 58-LCPG-WPNK
- Dimensions: 61" width x 31" length x 58" height
- 13 square feet
- SunSky™ corrugated polycarbonate roof
- Five 14" x 21" functioning windows
- Five 6" x 14" transom windows
- Panelized sections and pre-primed exterior trim and siding for easy assembly
- Straight trim is pre-fastened to the panels
- Composite exterior trim for extra durability
- Interior is unprimed
- Windows made of durable and safe tempered glass
- 2' x 4' wall framing, 16" on center
- 2' x 4' trusses, 24" on center
- Double door: 40" x 40"
- Includes floor kit: 2" x 4" framing with 5/8" plywood flooring
- 3-4" overhang on buildings
- Customer provides paint to match any desired color
- Crushed stone base 1' wider on either side of the greenhouse is recommended by the manufacturer
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Some images are not to scale or may show structure with optional contents or accessories
- Note: As they are built to order with up to a 4-6 week turnaround time, Little Cottage Company structures are not able to be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Warning: Drilling, sawing, sanding, or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust make or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.
- Greenhouse Nation is an authorized dealer of all Little Cottage Company products
- Little Cottage Company and Greenhouse Nation stand by its greenhouses and work to make you completely satisfied
- Shipping weight: 595 lbs.
- 1 year limited warranty with unlimited technical support directly from Little Cottage Company
- Ships directly from factory in Millersburg, OH
- Proudly made in the USA
Founded in 1999, Little Cottage Company is based in Millersburg, Ohio right in the heartland. Therefore the shipping time to certain western states is a bit longer than to the eastern part of the country.
This structure will ship via LTL freight directly from the factory in Ohio. We will email you tracking information as soon as it is available. When your order arrives at the shipping terminal closest to your home, the dispatcher there will call you to set up the delivery appointment, usually for the next day or whenever is convenient for you.
It is recommended to have two people available at delivery to help with hand offloading the truck. The length of some of the pieces make it ineligible for a liftgate delivery which would set everything onto your driverway. But hand offloading rarely takes more than 15-20 minutes as no piece weighs is exceedingly bulky or heavy.
About Little Cottage Company
Little Cottage Company is run by the Schlabach family of Berlin, OH, right in the heart of Amish country. It was started as a project to build the best playhouse possible for the owner's young daughter and has since expanded in a diverse line of playhouses, storage sheds, greenhouses, and personal chapels. Ensuring the highest quality and customer satisfaction is the top priority for all Little Cottage Company employees.
Each kit is built to order to your exact specifications and carefully inspected and packaged before being loaded onto the truck. The skilled craftsmanship and attention to detail is evident in every completed structure and there are thousands of happy customers in every state.
Assembly Tips For Little Cottage Company Greenhouses
While the process of assembling a greenhouse might seem daunting, these kits are designed to be assembled by even parents with no prior building experience. Depending on your skill level, the size of the structure, and the number of options you order, putting together a kit can take 2 adults one full day.
Many customers opt to hire a local handyman or contractor to simplify this process, and the affordable price of the kits makes it easy to do this. They can be readily found online at sites like AngiesList or Yelp.
Site Preparation - Customers often tell us that the trickiest part of the the process is making sure that they have a good foundation upon which to build the structure. This base should extend beyond the dimensions of your playhouse by around 12 inches on each side. It is ideal to have the foundation be as level as possible. Each of the options mentioned here, crushed stone, a concrete pad, or concrete pavers, will greatly increase the longetiviy of your structure by improving drainage and air flow, thereby keeping the wood looking as new as possible.
Using a base of about 4 to 5 inches of crushed stone (¾" clean) is recommended to allow for the best drainage underneath the structure. Using 12 inches of crushed stone around the perimeter is best as it allows for even more drainage and keeps weeds at bay.
The crushed stone can be installed by digging out 4 inches of soil and then simply leveling the stone. Or the frame of the floor can be first made with pressure-treated 4" x 4" runners or landscape timbers and then filled flush to the top with crushed stone.
Another option is a concrete pad that could be installed as the base. A good installation should be perfectly level and the pad should be as close to ground level as possible. Little Cottage Company recommends that the concrete pad extend beyond each side of the structure by 12 inches. Concrete pavers could also be used as a less expensive and quicker alternative to the concrete pad.