The 12X12 Octagon Garden Shed Greenhouse by Little Cottage Company, one of the nation's top builders of wooden structures, is the most elegant and beautiful wooden greenhouse available anywhere.
They have applied their years of experience building shed, garage, and playhouse kits along with contemporary gazebo design to an absolutely unique structure that is sure to be the centerpiece of any garden.
Featuring expansive windows, a tiered roof, and plenty of growing space, the greenhouse is handmade based on your order and is delivered anywhere in the contiguous United States. The greenhouse arrives as a panelized kit for assembly in a few days or less.
Hinged doors with a locking mechanism provide easy entry, and the greenhouse can be painted to any color of yor choosing. The 12X12 Octagon Garden Shed Greenhouse is the flagship structure from Little Cottage Company.
It has been designed to be both beautiful and functional, ensuring that all your plants have have a well-insulated place to grow throughout the seasons and that your family enjoys the benefits for many years to come.
- Nominal size: 12' x 12' octagon
- Model number: 12x12-LCOG-PB
- Tiered roof system
- Panelized kit
- Floor kit is included
- OSB roofing with 2" x 6" rafters spaced 16" apart
- Interior of roof is painted white
- Composite exterior trim for extra durability
- Designed to accomodate high winds and snow load
- Dutch door with window, colonial hinges, and latch: 34" x 72"
- Includes dozens of 10" x 18" transom windows and 18" x 22" single hung working windows
- Windows made of durable and safe tempered glass
- Crushed stone base 1' wider on either side of the greenhouse is recommended by the manufacturer
- Note: Customer provides paint to match any desired color: 3.5 gallons of paint for building and 1.5 gallons of paint for trim
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Some images are not to scale or may show structure with optional contents or accessories
- Note: As they are built to order with up to a 4-6 week turnaround time, Little Cottage Company structures are not able to be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Warning: Drilling, sawing, sanding, or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust make or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.
- Greenhouse Nation is an authorized dealer of all Little Cottage Company products
- Little Cottage Company and Greenhouse Nation stand by its greenhouses and work to make you completely satisfied
- Please contact us for a custom quote, as the price can be substantially less depending on your location
- LP Smartside® is a green building material, is treated to resist rot, termites, and mold, and has a 5 year replacement/50 year limited warranty
- 1 year limited warranty with unlimited technical support directly from Little Cottage Company
- Ships directly from factory in Millersburg, OH
- Proudly made in the USA
Floor Kit - The floor kit for Little Cottage Company Colonial Gable greenhouses includes 4" x 4" runners, 2" x 4" framing 16" on center, and 5/8" plywood flooring that are cut to the exact size of your structure for easy assembly.
About Little Cottage Company
Little Cottage Company is run by the Schlabach family of Berlin, OH, right in the heart of Amish country. It was started as a project to build the best playhouse possible for the owner's young daughter and has since expanded in a diverse line of playhouses, storage sheds, greenhouses, and personal chapels. Ensuring the highest quality and customer satisfaction is the top priority for all Little Cottage Company employees.
Each kit is built to order to your exact specifications and carefully inspected and packaged before being loaded onto the truck. The skilled craftsmanship and attention to detail is evident in every completed structure and there are thousands of happy customers in every state.
Assembly Tips For Little Cottage Company Greenhouses
While the process of assembling a greenhouse might seem daunting, these kits are designed to be assembled by customers with no prior building experience. Depending on your skill level and the size of the structure, putting together a kit can take 2 adults one full weekend or more.
Many customers opt to hire a local handyman or contractor to simplify this process, and the affordable price of the kits makes it easy to do this. They can be readily found online at sites like AngiesList or HomeAdvisor or Yelp. A copy of the assembly manual is available as a PDF near the bottom of this page to give you a better idea of the process.
Floor Kit - Whether you order the floor kit from Little Cottage Company or purchase it locally, it is recommended to install a floor under the greenhouse. The floor helps to elevate the structure off the ground, greatly extending its longetiviy as is reduces the exposure of the frame to moisture. The floor also helps to ensure that the entire structure is perfectly square as the walls attach directly to it.
Runners - It is a best practice to fasten pressure-treated 4" x 4" runners underneath the floor. When the floor is flipped over, you're ready to start building the rest of the greenhouse. This adds greatly to the stability of the structure and raises it above the ground a few inches. These runners make the floor much stronger and allow you to move it in one piece with a forklift or perhaps several strong adults.
Site Preparation - Customers often tell us that the trickiest part of the the process is making sure that they have a good foundation upon which to build the structure. This base should extend beyond the dimensions of your greenhouse by a couple of inches on each side. It is ideal to have the foundation be as level as possible. Each of the options mentioned here, crushed stone, a concrete pad, or concrete pavers, will greatly increase the longetiviy of your structure by improving drainage and air flow, thereby keeping the wood looking as new as possible.
Using a base of about 4 to 5 inches of crushed stone (¾" clean) is recommended to allow for the best drainage underneath the structure. Using 12 inches of crushed stone around the perimeter is best as it allows for even more drainage and keeps weeds at bay.
The crushed stone can be installed by digging out 4 inches of soil and then simply leveling the stone. Or the frame of the floor can be first made with pressure-treated 4" x 4" runners or landscape timbers and then filled flush to the top with crushed stone.
Another option is a concrete pad that could be installed as the base. A good installation should be perfectly level and the pad should be as close to ground level as possible. Little Cottage Company recommends that the concrete pad extend beyond each side of the structure by 12 inches. Concrete pavers could also be used as a less expensive and quicker alternative to the concrete pad.
Little Cottage Company is based in the heart of Amish country in Ohio. Therefore the shipping time to certain southern and western states is slightly longer than to the rest of the country.
When your Little Cottage Company shed arrives from the shipper, the customer is required to have a total of two people available to help unload the pallet from the truck quickly and safely. This is usually done by opening the shrink wrap and moving each piece to its destination in your garage or backyard.
This procedure typically only takes 15 to 20 minutes or so, and each piece may weigh anywhere from 40 to 80 pounds. The driver is not obligated to help unload the delivery, though we have not found this to ever be a problem.
We will email you tracking information as soon as it is available. When your order arrives at the shipping terminal closest to your home, the dispatcher there will call you to set up the delivery appointment, usually for the next day or whenever is convenient for you.