The BioStar 1500 Premium Cold Frame by Juwel is a perennial top seller at Greenhouse Nation. It is the top cold frame available today, and provides a great space for getting a start on the growing season.
Imported from Austria, the cold frame features three roof windows, including one with an automatic opener. The panels are extremely durable and are made of 8mm twin-wall polycarbonate, providing a high level of insulation. They feature a unique "no-drip" coating that helps prevent excess condensation from forming on your plants.
The BioStar 1500 has a child-safe design with rounded corners, yet is rugged enough to support six feet of snow. Many gardeners use it during the spring to start their seeds, and then easily disassemble it for the rest of the year. It allows you to keep your plants protected in a safe environment with a small footprint and is an excellent addition for gardeners of all levels and ages.
- Model: BioStar 1500
- Assembled size: 59" width x 32" depth x 16" height in front, 20" height in back
- Perfect for starting seeds or small plants
- Unique "no-drip" coating to help prevent condensation from forming on plants
- 3 roof windows, including one with an automatic opener
- Child-safe design with rounded edges
- Highly insulated with 8mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels, twice the size of standard panels
- High quality aluminum frame
- Includes 4 corner stakes
- Designed for easy assembly and can be quickly disassembled when not in use
- Imported from Austria by Exaco Trading Co. and shipped from their Austin, TX warehouse
- Friendly toll-free technical support available from Exaco for installation help
- Weight: 15.4 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 25 lbs.
- Exaco and Juwel stand by their cold frames and work to make you 100% satisfied
- 2 year limited warranty, 10 year limited warranty for polycarbonate
Exaco Trading Co. began in 1987 as importer and distributor of a home paint mixing accessory called the Exomixer. Since then the family owned company has expanded its line considerably to include many different home and garden products, including some of the very best greenhouses from Europe. The company is led by CEO Kimberly Tyson Cook, formerly an award winning business reporter for the Austin American-Statesman, and Andrew Cook, the VP of Sales and Marketing.
Andrew travels to Europe to check on the manufacturers in person several times a year and has become a leading national authority on all things greenhouse related. He has appeared in many gardening articles and television programs nationally. In fact Andrew is available for phone support for customers during the installation of any of the premier greenhouses that Exaco distributes from its large Austin, TX warehouse.