Due to extraordinary circumstances, this Janssens Greenhouse is not always in stock for quick shipping, though the turnaround time can be anywhere from a few weeks or so to several months.
As a long-time authorized dealer, we're accepting orders and are in constant contact with the distributor to ensure that your receive your greenhouse in a timely manner. We can also take your order at this time with only a 10% deposit.
Please contact us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-881-3716.
The Modern Pent Roof Greenhouse from Janssens, one of the premier builders of luxury greenhouses in Europe, is a beautiful addition to any garden. Its spacious 10X15 interior gives you space for anything you decide to grow, and many customers use it as an outdoor sunroom or even for a hot tub or covered pool.
The Modern Greenhouse includes two roof vents with spindle openers and three push-out windows to help keep the interior well ventilated and at a comfortable temperature. The double sliding doors provide easy access and the structure is designed for quick assembly.
The crystal clear 4mm tempered glass panels provide great insulative value, impeccable aesthetics, and a higher degree of safety. Despite its large size, the greenhouse can be assembled in as little as a weekend depending on how much help you have. The process can be sped up if the site of assembly is prepared ahead of time by leveling it and installing whatever type of flooring is preferred.
The Modern Greenhouse is the type of premium greenhouse which adds to the value of your home. It can serve multiple purposes and its superior build quality ensures that it will stay looking new long after it is assembled. With its durability, attractive design, and spacious interior, the Janssens Modern Pent Roof Greenhouse is sure to become a showpiece for your family for many years to come.
- Model: Modern M36
- Nominal size: 20' width x 10' depth
- Dimensions: 20' width x 10' 2" depth x 9' 6" peak height
- Sidewall height: 6' 7"
- Color: black; wide variety of custom colors are available via special order
- Floor space: 200 sq. ft.
- Pent roof with 15° slope
- Roof vents: 2 (both with spindle roof openers)
- Includes 4 top-hanging side windows that push out
- 4mm tempered safety glass that is completely clear and thicker than typical greenhouses
- Vertical glass comes in single pieces for a more seamless look
- Glass is held in place tightly with rubber seals to prevent heat loss, giving much better insulation than other glass greenhouses
- Heavy duty aluminum frame is thicker and stronger than any other in this class
- Paint is applied to frame electrostatically for a thicker application and better coverage
- Designed to withstand inclement weather
- Aluminum-clad, double sliding doors are each 28" wide x 72" tall and can be put on any side of the greenhouse
- Low threshold kit is included for doors to give easier access for wheelbarrows and such
- Tall sidewall height gives plenty of working room inside the greenhouse without having to stoop and more room for shelving
- Integrated 6" foundation frame with 4" threshold
- Gutter and downpipes included on both sides to divert rainwater away from the foundation
- Includes condensation gutters on the interior
- Includes misting system with hose attachment that hangs from roof beam to help keep interior cool and plants properly hydrated
- Stainless steel fasteners withstand the elements
- T.U.V. & GS tested and approved, which is similar to UL testing & listing
- Beautiful design to fit any garden
- Note: Some images may show the greenhouse with the optional accessory kit or items such as tables and chairs which are not included
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits
- Note: This Janssens greenhouse is special ordered from Europe by Exaco and individually inspected and packed with up to a 4 to 6 month lead time; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Ships in one 40" x 48" x 90" carton on a large pallet at 1370 lbs. via motor freight along with one 7.9" x 11.8" x 187" long box at 170 lbs. and one 6" x 6" x 187" long box at 125 lbs.
- Imported from Belgium by Exaco Trading Co. and shipped from their Austin, TX warehouse
- Includes comprehensive assembly manual along with a DVD showing each stage of assembly
- Friendly toll-free technical support available from Exaco for installation help
- Product weight: ~1288 lbs.
- Shipping weight: ~1665 lbs.
- Exaco and Janssens and Greenhouse Nation stand by their greenhouses and work to make you completely satisfied
- 15 year limited warranty on frame and glass is guaranteed to arrive intact
Color - This Janssens greenhouse comes from the factory with a dark green finish (RAL 6009) or a black finish. Dark Gray (RAL 7016), Pure White (RAL 9010), Brown Red (RAL 3011), Steel Blue (RAL 5011), White Aluminum/Light Gray (RAL 9006), or any other custom color are also available from the factory as a special order. These special order color choices can extend the lead time up to 12-14 weeks.
Drop Down Door - The door drop kit includes brackets, cross bars, and reinforcement bars above the door of the Royal Victorian so that it drops down by up to 36 inches, though 20 inches or 24 inches is most common. This allows for the greenhouse to be built upon a stem wall (knee wall) foundation. A stem wall provides a solid base to build upon, raises the peak height by whatever amount you choose, and is universally thought to add to the already beautiful aesthetics of the greenhouse.
Upgrading the sliding door to a hinged door is not absolutely necessary when door drop option is selected, but it is recommended. The kit provides all the hardware needed for a custom-sized door drop except the glass. The customer will supply the extra glass needed and this can be obtained with Exaco's assistance from most local glass shops for around $100.00. One kit is needed per set of single or double doors. When selecting this option, please notify us about the size of the door drop in the Notes section of the checkout or via email.
Examples of Stem Wall with Door Drop:
Extra Door - An extra single or double door (sliding or hinged) can be added to back of the greenhouse to provide access from both ends and cross ventilation for your greenhouse. An extra sliding door can also be added to the front create one set of double sliding doors. In fact these extra doors can go on any side of the greenhouse.
Hinged Door - The sliding door on this greenhouse can be replaced with a hinged single door or hinged double doors. Hinged doors close tightly inside the outer frame whereas sliding doors glide in front of the door opening with the gaps mostly covered by what are referred to as brushes. Hinged doors are a popular upgrade for Royal Victorian greenhouses as they close with a much tighter fit and come with a levered handle with lock and key. A second hinged door can be added to back of the greenhouse (Extra Door) to provide access from both ends and complete cross ventilation for your greenhouse.
Louver Window - Extra louver windows are available for this Victorian greenhouse to provide additional ventilation. Automatic Louver Window Openers that function just like the automatic roof vent openers are also available, as are Louver Window Lexan Covers, clear covers for the louver window to keep the greenhouse sealed during the winter. The louver windows are 28.5" wide x 39" tall.
Panels - The Modern M36 Royal Victorian is now available with 10mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels instead of the standard 4mm tempered safety glass. This polycarbonate is not completely translucent like tempered glass, but it has almost twice the insulative value and is stronger, making it more resistant to dings and inclement weather such as hail storms.
Both types of panels have their own advantages and both look great and provide a great environment for your plants, giving you two excellent choices. The 10mm polycarbonate, whether it is used for the entire greenhouse or just the roof, does require a special order and can extend the lead time up to 12-14 weeks. Please check with us for before ordering for a more exact shipping schedule.
Roof Vents - This Janssens Victorian greenhouse includes enough roof vents for a structure of this size under the vast majority of conditions. But additional roof vents are available if needed.
Shelving - The accessory kit includes a 15' long x 4 inch wide narrow top shelf, a 15' long x 20 inch wide x 4 inch deep regular shelf and seed tray, and two sets of interior shade curtains with pull rods to help protect against the sun on especially hot days. Shelving and Shade Curtains are also available separately.
Victorian Slat Shelving - The most affordable shelving for Victorian greenhouses comes in 2-slat or 5-flat sizes and in green or black. The 2-slat shelving is 9" wide x 59" long and the 5-slat shelving is 21" wide x 59" long.
Wheelbarrow Access Plate - A heavy-duty aluminum access plate is available to serve as a ramp for wheelbarrows over the threshold of your greenhouse. The plate is 21" long on each side x 19.5" wide x 1.75" high in the middle where it is hinged.
Janssens Greenhouse Foundation Detail
Janssens Greenhouse Louver Window
Janssens Greenhouse Roof Window
Janssens Greenhouse Sliding Door
Janssens Greenhouse Hinged Door (only available for Royal Victorian greenhouses)
Janssens Royal Victorian Orangerie Greenhouse
Janssens Retro Victorian Greenhouse
Janssens Junior Orangerie Greenhouse
For over 70 years, Janssens NV has been engineering, manufacturing, and distributing premium greenhouses throughout the world. The company began as a maker of wooden arches for greenhouses, sports venues, and factories and was founded by Constant Janssens. He was soon joined by his son Rene, and later Rene's son, Peter, who joined the Engineering and Technical Services department.
The 300 square meter factory Constant began with was later expanded to 1250 square meters in 1962, only to be doubled just a few years after that. By 1996, the company's development and design department had become fully computerized to ensure that all structures were engineered in the most efficient manner possible.
In 2009, even more automated production equipment was introduced and now 70% of their structures are exported from Belgium to the rest of Europe and the United States.
Today the Janssens state of the art factory is approximately 6500 square meters large and employs all the latest quality control techniques and aluminum processing equipment to ensure the very highest build quality.
Exaco Trading Co. began in 1987 as importer and distributor of a home paint mixing accessory called the Exomixer. Since then the family owned company has expanded its line considerably to include many different home and garden products, including some of the very best greenhouses from Europe. The company is led by CEO Kimberly Tyson Cook, formerly an award winning business reporter for the Austin American-Statesman, and Andrew Cook, the VP of Sales and Marketing.
Andrew travels to Europe to check on the manufacturers in person several times a year and has become a leading national authority on all things greenhouse related. He has appeared in many gardening articles and television programs nationally. In fact Andrew is available for phone support for customers during the installation of any of the premier greenhouses that Exaco distributes from its large Austin, TX warehouse.