The elegant Junior Victorian Greenhouse from Janssens, one of the premier builders of luxury greenhouses in Europe, is a beautiful addition to any garden. Its spacious 8X13 interior gives you space for anything you decide to grow, and many customers use it as an outdoor sunroom or even for a hot tub or covered pool.
The Junior Victorian includes two roof vents, one of which has an automatic opener, to help keep the interior well ventilated and at a comfortable temperature. The sliding door provides easy access and the structure is designed for quick assembly.
The crystal clear 4mm tempered glass panels provide great insulative value, impeccable aesthetics, and a higher degree of safety. Despite its large size, the greenhouse can be assembled in as little as a weekend depending on how much help you have. The process can be sped up if the site of assembly is prepared ahead of time by leveling it and installing whatever type of flooring is preferred.
The Junior Victorian is the type of premium greenhouse which adds to the value of your home. It can serve multiple purposes and its superior build quality ensures that it will stay looking new long after it is assembled. With its durability, attractive design, and spacious interior, the Janssens Junior Victorian Greenhouse is sure to become a showpiece for your family for many years to come.
- Model: J-VIC24
- UPC code: 017783951245
- Nominal size: 8' width x 13' length
- Dimensions: 7' 8" width x 12' 6" length x 8' 2" peak height
- Sidewall height: 5' 2"
- Color: black (RAL9005m)
- Floor space: 96 sq. ft.
- Roof vents: 2 (both with automatic openers)
- 4mm tempered 'Hortiplus N' safety glass that is completely clear, energy efficient, and thicker than that of typical greenhouses
- Vertical glass comes in single pieces for a more seamless look
- Glass is held in place tightly with rubber seals to prevent heat loss
- Heavy duty aluminum frame is same as in the Royal Victorian greenhouses
- Paint is applied to frame via powder coating for a thicker application and better coverage
- Designed to withstand inclement weather
- Aluminum-clad, sliding door is 28" wide x 72" tall
- Tall sidewall height gives plenty of working room inside the greenhouse without having to stoop and more room for shelving
- Integrated 3" foundation frame with 3" threshold
- Gutter and downpipes included to divert rainwater away from the foundation
- Includes condensation gutters on the interior
- Stainless steel fasteners withstand the elements
- Includes decorative roof finials
- T.U.V. & GS tested and approved, which is similar to UL testing & listing
- Beautiful design to fit any garden
- Note: Some images may show the greenhouse with the optional accessory kit or items such as tables and chairs which are not included
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits
- Note: This Janssens greenhouses is special ordered from Exaco and individually inspected and packed with a 4 to 6 week lead time; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Ships in one 40" x 48" x 69" carton on one large pallet via motor freight along with one 10' long box
- Imported from Belgium by Exaco Trading Co. and shipped from their Austin, TX warehouse
- Friendly toll-free technical support available from Exaco for installation help
- Shipping weight: 1120 lbs.
- Exaco and Janssens and Greenhouse Nation stand by their greenhouses and work to make you completely satisfied
- 15 year limited warranty on frame and glass is guaranteed to arrive intact
Accessory Kit - The accessory kit includes a black 7' 6" long x 20" wide x 4" deep regular shelf and seed tray that installs on the back wall and one full-length, cream-colored interior shade curtain to help protect against the sun on especially hot days.
Drop Down Door - The door drop kit includes brackets, cross bars, and reinforcement bars above the door of the Royal Victorian so that it drops down by up to 36 inches, though 20 inches or 24 inches is most common. This allows for the greenhouse to be built upon a stem wall (knee wall) foundation. A stem wall provides a solid base to build upon, raises the peak height by whatever amount you choose, and is universally thought to add to the already beautiful aesthetics of the greenhouse.
The drop down door is more commonly used with Royal Victorian models rather than Junior Victorian models as the sliding door can be upgraded to a hinged door, but this is not absolutely necessary. The kit provides all the hardware needed for a custom-sized door drop except the glass. The customer will supply the extra glass needed and this can be obtained with Exaco's assistance from most local glass shops for around $100.00. One kit is needed per doors When selecting this option, please notify us about the size of the door drop in the Notes section of the checkout or via email.
Examples of Stem Wall with Door Drop:
Extra Door - An extra single sliding door can be added to back of the greenhouse to provide access from both ends and cross ventilation for your greenhouse.
Victorian Slat Shelving - The most affordable shelving for Victorian greenhouses comes in 2-slat or 5-flat sizes and in green or black. The 2-slat shelving is 9" wide x 59" long and the 5-slat shelving is 21" wide x 59" long.
Wheelbarrow Access Plate - A heavy-duty aluminum access plate is available to serve as a ramp for wheelbarrows over the threshold of your greenhouse. The plate is 21" long on each side x 19.5" wide x 1.75" high in the middle where it is hinged.
Janssens Greenhouse Foundation Detail
Janssens Greenhouse Louver Window
Janssens Greenhouse Roof Window
Janssens Greenhouse Sliding Door
Janssens Greenhouse Hinged Door (only available for Royal Victorian greenhouses)
Janssens Royal Victorian Orangerie Greenhouse
Janssens Retro Victorian Greenhouse
Janssens Junior Orangerie Greenhouse
For over 70 years, Janssens NV has been engineering, manufacturing, and distributing premium greenhouses throughout the world. The company began as a maker of wooden arches for greenhouses, sports venues, and factories and was founded by Constant Janssens. He was soon joined by his son Rene, and later Rene's son, Peter, who joined the Engineering and Technical Services department.
The 300 square meter factory Constant began with was later expanded to 1250 square meters in 1962, only to be doubled just a few years after that. By 1996, the company's development and design department had become fully computerized to ensure that all structures were engineered in the most efficient manner possible.
In 2009, even more automated production equipment was introduced and now 70% of their structures are exported from Belgium to the rest of Europe and the United States.
Today the Janssens state of the art factory is approximately 6500 square meters large and employs all the latest quality control techniques and aluminum processing equipment to ensure the very highest build quality.
Exaco Trading Co. began in 1987 as importer and distributor of a home paint mixing accessory called the Exomixer. Since then the family owned company has expanded its line considerably to include many different home and garden products, including some of the very best greenhouses from Europe. The company is led by CEO Kimberly Tyson Cook, formerly an award winning business reporter for the Austin American-Statesman, and Andrew Cook, the VP of Sales and Marketing.
Andrew travels to Europe to check on the manufacturers in person several times a year and has become a leading national authority on all things greenhouse related. He has appeared in many gardening articles and television programs nationally. In fact Andrew is available for phone support for customers during the installation of any of the premier greenhouses that Exaco distributes from its large Austin, TX warehouse.