The spacious Cathedral Victorian Greenhouse from Janssens, one of the premier builder of luxury greenhouses in Europe, is a beautiful addition to any garden. Its enormous 20X15 interior gives you space for anything you decide to grow, and many customers use it as an outdoor sunroom or even for a hot tub or covered pool.
The Cathedral Greenhouse includes four roof vents with automatic openers and a louver window to help keep the interior at a comfortable temperature. Two hanging windows on the sides can also swing up for added ventilation. A set of lockable swinging doors and a single lockable sliding door make entry simple.
The crystal clear 4mm tempered glass panels provide great insulative value, impeccable aesthetics, and a higher degree of safety. Installation is an available option for the greenhouse upon further request and all the customer needs to do is to prepare the site of assembly by leveling it and installing whatever type of flooring is preferred.
The Cathedral Greenhouse is the type of premium greenhouse which adds to the value of your home. It can serve multiple purposes and its superior build quality ensures that it will stay looking new long after it is assembled. With its durability, breathtaking design, and vast interior, the Janssens Cathedral Greenhouse is sure to become a showpiece for many years to come.
- Model: Cathedral
- Nominal size: 20' width x 15' length
- Dimensions: 19' 10" width x 15' length x 12' 2" height
- Second level roof nook dimensions: 5' 4" width x 10' 2" length
- First gutter height: 6' 8"
- First ridge height: 9' 1"
- Second gutter height: 10' 9"
- Second ridge height: 12' 2"
- Frame color: your choice of beige, black, dark blue, dark green, dark grey, or white
- Floor space: 298 sq. ft.
- Roof vents: 4 with automatic openers
- Louver window
- 2 top hanging side windows
- 4mm tempered safety glass that is completely clear and thicker than typical greenhouses
- Vertical glass comes in single pieces for a more seamless look
- Glass is held in place tightly with rubber seals to prevent heat loss
- Heavy duty aluminum frame
- 2 heavy gauge 2.3" x 5.2" aluminum re-enforcement supports (going from front to back)
- 1 heavy gauge 2.3" x 4" aluminum horizontal roof support frame
- Paint is electrostatically-applied to frame for a thicker application and better coverage
- Designed to withstand inclement weather
- Aluminum-clad, swinging double doors have 56.5" wide opening for easy ingress and include a lock
- Single sliding door on side with lock
- Tall sidewall height gives plenty of working room inside the greenhouse without having to stoop and more room for shelving
- Gutter and downpipes included to divert rainwater away from the foundation
- Includes condensation gutters on the interior
- Stainless steel fasteners withstand the elements
- Includes decorative roof finials
- Integrated base frame
- T.U.V. & GS tested and approved, which is similar to UL testing & listing
- Beautiful design to fit any garden
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits
- Note: All Janssens greenhouses are special ordered from Exaco and individually inspected and packed with a 10 to 12 week lead time and so can not be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Ships in multiple boxes via motor freight
- Custom made and imported from Belgium by Exaco Trading Co. and shipped from their Austin, TX warehouse
- Weight: 2500 lbs.
- Exaco and Janssens and Greenhouse Nation stand by their greenhouses and work to make you 100% satisfied
- 15 year limited warranty on frame and glass is guaranteed to arrive intact
Color - The Cathedral is available directly from Janssens in five colors, beige (RAL 9006), black (RAL 9005), dark green (RAL 6009), dark grey (RAL 7016), and white (RAL 9010). Custom colors are available for an additional cost.
Extra Waterproofing - As this structure uses single pane glass, it is
designed for use as high end greenhouse or a tea room style of pavilion with outdoor furniture. It is virtually 99% watertight, but is not absolutely watertight, so it is not recommended for use with electronics such permanently installed televisions or computers.
With all single pane glass structures, unless strict temperature and humidity control
systems are installed, the interior can be prone to condensation at certain times of the year in parts of the country, particularly in the fall. High humidity and fast changing
temperatures, such as during dawn and dusk, also can cause excess condensation.
The installation team can spend much extra time caulking every individual piece so that the completed structure is virtually 99.9% watertight, and this will add perhaps an entire extra day of
Installation - The Cathedral can be installed on site by Exaco's expert staff. Two team members will travel to your location and assemble the entire structure in 2-3 days. The customer is responsible for site preparation and moving the greenhouse components to the site. A concrete foundation is ideal as specified in the manual.
Tinted Windows - Window tinting for all of the outside glass is available directly from Exaco. This helps to reduce glare and excess heat from the sun on particularly hot days while keeping the classic look of the greenhouse intact. You have your choice of color and shade percentage for the tint. The installation team will install the tint on before shipping the greenhouse to ensure the highest quality application.
Janssens Greenhouse Foundation Detail
Janssens Greenhouse Louver Window
Janssens Greenhouse Roof Window
Janssens Greenhouse Sliding Door
Janssens Greenhouse Hinged Door (only available for Royal Victorian greenhouses)
Janssens Royal Victorian Orangerie Greenhouse
Janssens Retro Victorian Greenhouse
Janssens Junior Orangerie Greenhouse
For over 70 years, Janssens NV has been engineering, manufacturing, and distributing premium greenhouses throughout the world. The company began as a maker of wooden arches for greenhouses, sports venues, and factories and was founded by Constant Janssens. He was soon joined by his son Rene, and later Rene's son, Peter, who joined the Engineering and Technical Services department.
The 300 square meter factory Constant began with was later expanded to 1250 square meters in 1962, only to be doubled just a few years after that. By 1996, the company's development and design department had become fully computerized to ensure that all structures were engineered in the most efficient manner possible.
In 2009, even more automated production equipment was introduced and now 70% of their structures are exported from Belgium to the rest of Europe and the United States.
Today the Janssens state of the art factory is approximately 6500 square meters large and employs all the latest quality control techniques and aluminum processing equipment to ensure the very highest build quality.
Exaco Trading Co. began in 1987 as importer and distributor of a home paint mixing accessory called the Exomixer. Since then the family owned company has expanded its line considerably to include many different home and garden products, including some of the very best greenhouses from Europe. The company is led by CEO Kimberly Tyson Cook, formerly an award winning business reporter for the Austin American-Statesman, and Andrew Cook, the VP of Sales and Marketing.
Andrew travels to Europe to check on the manufacturers in person several times a year and has become a leading national authority on all things greenhouse related. He has appeared in many gardening articles and television programs nationally. In fact Andrew is available for phone support for customers during the installation of any of the premier greenhouses that Exaco distributes from its large Austin, TX warehouse.