The Arcus 3 Greenhouse from Hoklartherm, the leading builder of premier greenhouses in Germany, is a beautiful addition to any garden. Its clever design is unlike any other greenhouse on the market as all of the side panels can manually slide open for maxium ventilation.
The peak height of almost eight feet allows room for tall plants and growing trees, and there is sufficient interior space for the most avid gardeners. The heavy duty frame is made of reinforced aluminum and the arched design allows the greenhouse to withstand inclement weather with ease.
The Arcus 3 includes three sections of panels, all of which are 37" wide and can slide open 77" to help keep the interior well-ventilated and at a comfortable temperature. The Dutch door on the front gable end is ADA-compliant and provides easy access.
Despite its large size, the greenhouse can be assembled in as little as a weekend depending on how much help you have. The process can be sped up if the site of assembly is prepared ahead of time by leveling it and installing whatever type of flooring is preferred.
The Arcus 3 is the type of premium greenhouse which adds to the value of your home. It can serve multiple purposes and its superior build quality ensures that it will stay looking new long after it is assembled. With its durability, attractive design, and spacious interior, the Hoklartherm Arcus 3 Greenhouse is sure to become a showpiece for your family for many years to come.
- Model: ARCUS 3
- UPC code: 017783390037
- Nominal size: 10' width x 10' length
- Exterior dimensions: 10' 4" width x 10' 2" length x 7' 8" peak height
- Color: anodized aluminum with smooth finish
- Floor space: 105 sq. ft.
- 3 sections of side panels: 37" width
- All side panels can manually slide open up to 77" per section for maximum ventilation
- 10mm twin-wall glazed polycarbonate panels on front and back gable sides and 6mm twin-wall glazed polycarbonate panels on sides are virtually unbreakable
- Heavy duty aluminum frame is greatly sloped with a high peak to allow rain and snow to easily run off and can easily support the weight of an adult
- Frame profiles are thicker than comparably priced structures for added strength
- Constructed so that the frame profiles are attached to each other in a manner that ensures that they will stay intact even in high winds
- High ratio of paneling to frame width allows for maximum light trasmittance and less "moving" shade
- Heavy duty rubber seals are used on all windows, doors, and the top and bottom of the large side glazing panels for complete weather sealing
- Strong Dutch door on front gable end with wide opening for easy access and maximum ventilation; door is 37" width x 80" height
- Door is ADA-compliant and has magnetic door holder to keep the door open
- Tall peak height allows for plenty of working room inside the greenhouse without having to stoop and more room for shelving
- Gutter and downpipes are not needed because of the unique frame design
- Beautiful design to fit any garden
- Includes 6" high I-beam style foundation frame which can sit on a concrete slab or wood deck or can be anchored into the ground
- Hoklartherm greenhouses have withstood all inclement weather when properly installed and anchored short of tornados and hurricanes
- Note: Some images may not be to scale or may show the greenhouse with the optional accessories or items such as flowers or tables or chairs which are not included
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits
- All Hoklartherm greenhouses are special ordered by Exaco and individually inspected and packed with a 1 to 4 week lead time depending on inventory levels and so returns are expensive; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Designed, engineered, and manufactured by Hoklartherm, the top maker of premium greenhouses and outdoor pavilions in Germany
- Imported by Exaco Trading Co. and shipped from their Austin, TX warehouse
- Includes comprehensive assembly manual
- Assembly usually takes just one weekend with two people (three is preferable) with ordinary household tools as there are no eaves and relatively few connections
- Maintenance-free design means the Riga only needs occasional washing with a garden hose and recommended annual tightening of all nuts and bolts
- Friendly technical support available from Exaco for installation help
- Ships in three carefully packed and inspected boxes via ground freight
- Shipping weight: 252 lbs.
- Exaco and Hoklartherm and Greenhouse Nation stand by their greenhouses and work to make you completely satisfied
- 15 year limited warranty on frame and 10 year limited warranty on polycarbonate, prorated after 5 years
Illumitex LED Grow Light - The Illumitex Eclipse GEN2 N Bar LED Grow Light Fixture F3 Spectrum comes either with a 9-foot long power cord or without one so that multiple fixtures can be daisy chained together. Each fixture is 4' long with 12 LEDS and is designed to be installed between 12 inches and 36 inches above the plant canopy. It features 0-10 volt dimming, is damp-rated and dust-resistant, and has a 5 year warranty. The fixture with the plug can be daisy chained and the fixture without a plug includes a 2-foot long cord for daisy chaining. The fixtures have an anodized aluminum frame and are made in Austin, TX.
Misting System - The misting system that comes standard with Royal Victorian greenhouses is available for Riga greenhouses. It offers a convenient way to keep your plants hydrated while lowering the inside temperature of your greenhouse on hot days. The standard system is 14' long and will work for a 20' section of greenhouse, though it can be cut down for use in smaller greenhouses. Made in Belgium, the kit includes 5 misters and ships in 2 pieces with a connector.
Moveable Plastic Hooks - The moveable plastic hooks come in sets of ten. These snap into the aluminum frame profile and are used for helping orient growing plants such as tomatoes or string beans.
Stainless Steel Hooks - Ten of these adjustable hooks are available in one set. These are perfect for holding heavier items such as lights or flower baskets and other hanging plants.
Wheelbarrow Access Plate - A heavy-duty aluminum access plate is available to serve as a ramp for wheelbarrows over the threshold of your greenhouse. The plate is 21" long on each side x 19.5" wide x 1.75" high in the middle where it is hinged.
Hoklartherm Product Details
Hoklartherm Time Lapse Assembly of Riga XL Greenhouse Side Walls
Hoklartherm Riga Greenhouse Corner Profile
Hoklartherm Riga Greenhouse Foundation Base Profile
Hoklartherm Riga Greenhouse Foundation Frame Corners
Hoklartherm Riga Greenhouse Lower Front Door Assembly
Hoklartherm Riga Greenhouse Upper Front Door Assembly
Hoklartherm Riga Greenhouse Rear Wall Window Assembly (1 of 2)
Hoklartherm Riga Greenhouse Rear Wall Window Assembly (2 of 2)
Hoklartherm Riga Greenhouse Roof Window Assembly (1 of 2)
Hoklartherm Riga Greenhouse Roof Window Assembly (2 of 2)
Hoklartherm GmbH Corporate Overview (German)
Since 1982, Hoklartherm GmbH has been designing, engineering, manufacturing, and distributing premium greenhouses and outdoor structures throughout the world. The company began as a maker of arched greenhouses and the unique Riga design has remained popular ever since. The company was founded by an engineering graduate named Werner Hollander who had built the first prototype in his family's garden a few years earlier.
From this first arched design has come a series of incremental changes to make the Rigas among the very strongest greenhouses available anywhere. The frames have been engineered for strength and to shed off snow and the commercial-grade polycarbonate panels add extra strength to the structure. Hoklartherm now makes beautiful and unique pavilions as well which have been widely installed throughout Europe in parks, commercial settings, and luxury private gardens.
At Hoklartherm's headquarters in Apen, Germany, a section referred to as "Greenhouse World" opened to the public in 2012 to showcase all of their unique designs in one place. At this site is the Hoklartherm state of the art factory that employs all the latest quality control techniques and aluminum processing equipment to ensure the very highest and most precise build quality. Hoklartherm is now Germany's largest manufacturer of premium residential and commercial greenhouses and its structures have been enjoyed by happy customers all over the world.
Exaco Trading Co. began in 1987 as importer and distributor of a home paint mixing accessory called the Exomixer. Since then the family owned company has expanded its line considerably to include many different home and garden products, including some of the very best greenhouses from Europe. The company is led by CEO Kimberly Tyson Cook, formerly an award winning business reporter for the Austin American-Statesman, and Andrew Cook, the VP of Sales and Marketing.
Andrew travels to Europe to check on the manufacturers in person several times a year and has become a leading national authority on all things greenhouse related. He has appeared in many gardening articles and television programs nationally. In fact Andrew is available for phone support for customers during the installation of any of the premier greenhouses that Exaco distributes from its large Austin, TX warehouse.
Assembly Tips For Hoklartherm Riga Greenhouses
While the process of assembling a greenhouse might seem daunting, these kits are designed to be assembled by people even with no prior building experience. Depending on your skill level, the size of the structure, and the number of options you order, putting together a kit can take two or three adults one full weekend.
Many customers opt to hire a local handyman or contractor to simplify this process, and the affordable price of the kits makes it easy to do this. They can be readily found online at sites like AngiesList or HomeAdvisor. A version of the assembly manual is available as a PDF near the bottom of this page to give you a better idea of the process.
Site Preparation - Customers often tell us that the trickiest part of the the process is making sure that they have a good foundation upon which to build the structure. This foundation should extend around the perimeter of your greenhouse. It is ideal to have the foundation be as level and square as possible.
Concrete pavers or pressure-treated wood with crushed stone is often used, though actually pouring concrete will give the most permanent installation. The greenhouse is designed to last for decades, and pressure-treated wood typically will fail well before that when used in outdoor applications, particularly in the ground.
Exaco recommends that all the grass and weeds be removed from inside the greenhouse before assembly and that the area be covered with a weed control mat. Installing the greenhouse on a concrete slab may seem like an easier way to get started, but it's actually less than ideal, as the greenhouse floor should be free draining.
Standing water on concrete can freeze easily in winter months, causing a slip hazard. And concrete slabs don't help regulate the temperature inside the greenhouse as well as other floors such as pea gravel, pine straw, riverbed stones, or just regular earth. Customers typically will create some sort of path down the middle of their greenhouse with flag stones, bricks, or even decking.