Due to extraordinary circumstances, Essex greenhousess may take up to 10 weeks or so to ship from the factory in Indiana, though it may be a bit sooner.
As a long time authorized dealer, we're accepting orders and are in constant contact with Essex to ensure that your receive your order in a timely manner. Please let us know if you have any questions at all.
The elegant Milford Greenhouse from Essex, one of the nation's premier greenhouse builders, is a perennial best-seller at Greenhouse Nation. This 10X16 unit features the solid build and quality found in all Essex Greenhouse models.
The Milford is especially popular with gardeners such as orchid enthusiasts who prefer more detailed control over the indoor environment of their greenhouse. It is sure to bring your family years of enjoyment.
It is available in a wide variety of sizes to fit any home to give plenty of room for growing or just relaxing. An optional interior wall is often used with larger units to allow owners to have a greenhouse in one side, and a hot tub or patio area in the other. An additional door for the opposite end of the greenhouse is also available, as is your choice of color.
The 10X16 Milford Greenhouse includes a powered ventilation system that consists of a circulation fan, an exhaust fan, one motorized wall vent, and a thermostat. This will help keep your plants at the optimum temperature gives you a complete package to start enjoying your greenhouse right away.
- Model: 10/16ML
- Interior dimensions: 10’ width x 15' 11" length x 7’ 5 ½" height
- Includes powered ventilation system consisting of 16" exhaust fan, 12" circulation fan, 16" motorized vent at 115 volts, and thermostat
- Color: white, optional colors available
- 6mm shatter-resistant polycarbonate twin wall panels are commercial grade and UV-protected on outside
- Frame set on 24" centers
- Can withstand 70 mph winds and snow loads of 23 lbs. per sq. ft.
- All glazing is pre-taped at the factory and the panels are ready to use from the box
- Mill finish aluminum construction with high-grade 6064-T3 alloy
- Stainless steel T bolts and captive nuts used with a shake-proof washer, keeping the structure strong in inclimate weather
- Vinyl-clad, solid core door with screened sliding center glass panels that allow for additional mid-summer venting (32" wide)
- Fan and vents are sized from the factory to give a good airflow through the greenhouse
- Eave height is 5-foot, giving plenty of working room inside the greenhouse without having to stoop and more room for shelving
- All units come complete and do not require a separate base frame
- All greenhouses are built to order and individually inspected and packed with a 3 to 4 week lead time
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Some images may show building with optional contents or accessories such as windows or shelving
- Friendly technical support from Essex Greenhouse for installation help
- All greenhouses include comprehensive assembly manual along with a DVD showing each stage of assembly
- Greenhouse Nation is an authorized dealer of all Essex Greenhouse products
- Shipped in 3 boxes via motor freight: (1) aluminum frame box is 12" x 14" x length of the greenhouse; (2) glazing box is 24" x 12" x 96"; (3) electrical equipment such as fan, vents, thermostat, and speed controller is shipped separately via UPS
- Proudly 100% made in the USA by Essex Greenhouse and ships direct from their Indiana factory
- Essex Greenhouse and Greenhouse Nation stand by its greenhouses and work to make sure you are completely satisfied
- 10 year limited warranty on frame, 10 year limited polycarbonate warranty, 1 year limited warranty on ventilation equipment
Additional Door: Doors can be be put into both ends of the Essex Milford greenhouse, giving even easier access to the interior.
Essex Milford Greenhouse Options
Roof Vents: Vents require one full roof panel on both sides. So one vent can be mounted easily in between two clear panels. A second vent could be added after the next clear panel. However roof vents are detrimental to air flow if an exhaust system is installed, as the fan will take air from the roof vents instead of the motorized vent.
Drop Down Door: Many customers prefer to place their greenhouse on a raised knee-wall, also known as a stem wall. This can be accomodated to a height of up to 36".
Interior Wall: The Essex Milford allows for an interior wall to be installed that has sliding doors and one 12" motorized vent. The wall is often used to separate the unit into two functional halves. For instance, one side can be a greenhouse and the other side is perfect for a hot tub.
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly Videos
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 1 - Sidewall (8 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 1 - Sidewall (10 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 2 - Back End (8 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 2 - Back End (10 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 3 - Front End (8 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 3 - Front End (10 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 4 - Main Frame
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 5 - Roof Vent
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 6 - Glazing
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 7 - Door Assembly