The popular Devon Greenhouse from Essex, one of the nation's premier greenhouse builders, is a perennial best-seller at Greenhouse Nation. This 10X20 unit features the solid build and quality found in all Essex Greenhouse models.
The Devon is especially popular with gardeners such as orchid enthusiasts who prefer more detailed control over the indoor environment of their greenhouse. It is sure to bring your family years of enjoyment.
It is available in a variety of sizes to fit any home to give plenty of room for growing or just relaxing. An optional interior wall is often used with larger units to allow owners to have a greenhouse in one side, and a hot tub or patio area in the other. An additional door for the opposite end of the greenhouse is also available, as are other options.
The Devon Greenhouse includes manual roof vents to help to help keep your plants at the optimum temperature. Built to order and designed for assembly in just days or less depending on how much help you have, the excellent customer service team at Essex is available to help with any installation questions that you may have.
- Model: 10/20LDV
- Interior dimensions: 10’ width x 19' 10 ½" length x 7’ 5 ½" height
- Peak height: 8' 8 ½"
- Includes 4 manual roof vents
- Color: aluminum mill finish
- 6mm shatter-resistant polycarbonate twin wall panels are commercial grade and UV-protected on outside
- Frame set on 24" centers
- Can withstand 70 mph winds and snow loads of 23 lbs. per sq. ft.
- All glazing is pre-taped at the factory and the panels are ready to use from the box
- Mill finish aluminum construction with high-grade 6064-T3 alloy
- Stainless steel T bolts and captive nuts used with a shake-proof washer, keeping the structure strong in inclimate weather
- Vinyl-clad, solid core door with screened sliding center glass panels that allow for additional mid-summer venting (36" wide)
- Fan and vents are sized from the factory to give a good airflow through the greenhouse
- Eave height is 5-foot, giving plenty of working room inside the greenhouse without having to stoop and more room for shelving
- All units come complete and do not require a separate base frame
- All greenhouses are built to order and individually inspected and packed with a 6 to 10 week lead time; please contact us for the most up to date lead time
- Essex greenhouses are available from Greenhouse Nation in just about any size or customization, so please let us know if you need a greenhouse not already listed on our site
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Some images may show building with optional contents or accessories such as windows or shelving
- Friendly technical support from Essex Greenhouse for installation help
- All greenhouses include comprehensive assembly manual along with videos showing each stage of assembly
- Greenhouse Nation is an authorized dealer of all Essex Greenhouse products
- Shipped in 2 boxes via motor freight: (1) aluminum frame box is 12" x 14" x length of the greenhouse and (2) glazing box is 24" x 12" x 96"
- Proudly 100% made in the USA by Essex Greenhouse and ships direct from their Indiana factory
- Essex Greenhouse and Greenhouse Nation stand by its greenhouses and work to make sure you are completely satisfied
- 10 year limited warranty on frame, 10 year limited polycarbonate warranty, 1 year limited warranty on ventilation equipment
Essex Devon Greenhouse Options
Additional Door: The door will go on either gable end of the greenhouse. Doors can also be be placed on both ends of the Devon, giving even easier access to the interior.
Circulation Fan: Essex offers a 16 inch oscillating industrial fan to provide air flow inside your greenhouse. This helps to keep an even temperature throughout the interior and keep your plants healthy. The fan can be hung using an included bracket or sit on the floor and the powder-coated metal frame is sturdy and easy to clean.
Color: The Essex Devon Greenhouse comes from the factory with an aluminum mill finish.
Drop Down Door: The door drop kit includes all the framing and panels needed above the door of your Essex greenhouse so that it drops down by up to 36 inches, though 20 inches or 24 inches is most common. This allows for the greenhouse to be built upon a stem wall (knee wall) foundation. A stem wall provides a solid base to build upon, raises the peak height by whatever amount you choose, and is universally thought to add to the already beautiful aesthetics of the greenhouse.
Examples of Stem Wall with Door Drop:
Door With No Step: The standard door has a 3 3/4" threshold, but this can be removed with the door with no step option. This allows for even easier access to the interior for wheelchairs or even wheelbarrows or carts.
Interior Wall With Door: Essex allows for an interior wall to be installed that has a screened door. The wall is often used to separate the unit into two functional halves. For instance, one side can be a greenhouse and the other side is perfect for a hot tub.
Rainwater Kit: The rainwater kit includes gutter connections, end caps, and down pipes so that you can easily attach rain barrels to capture rainwater for later use.
Roof Vents: Vents require one full roof panel on both sides. So one vent can be mounted easily in between two clear panels. A second vent could be added after the next clear panel. However roof vents are detrimental to air flow if an exhaust system is installed, as the fan will take air from the roof vents instead of the motorized vent.
Roof Vent Protection Kit: The roof vent protection kit includes stainless steel cable and the necessary hardware. They are recommended for customers who live in high wind areas to help prevent sudden gusts of wind from damaging your roof vents.
Ventilation System: Though most customers will stick with the conventional roof vents, the 16" motorized ventilation kit is available for even more air flow. This includes a 16" motorized intake, a 16" wall-mounted exhaust fan, and a thermostat to control the system. It is highly recommended to use a licensed electrician to add 110V outlets to the interior of your greenhouse to power the ventilation system without the need for extension cords.
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly Videos
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 1 - Sidewall (8 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 1 - Sidewall (10 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 2 - Back End (8 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 2 - Back End (10 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 3 - Front End (8 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 3 - Front End (10 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 4 - Main Frame
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 5 - Roof Vent
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 6 - Glazing
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 7 - Door Assembly
Essex Greenhouse Shipping Information
The factory for Essex is in Bluffton, Indiana. Therefore the shipping time to certain western and southeastern states is slightly longer than to the rest of the country. Curbside delivery with a liftgate service is included with every order.
Curbside delivery means that the delivery company will lower the pallet(s) off the delivery truck at the end of your driveway. The driver is not responsible for unpacking or moving pallets to the build location.
When your Essex greenhouse arrives from the shipper, it is recommended for the customer to have at least two people available to help move each piece in the pallet from the curb/driveway to wherever the structure will be assembled. Though the entire pallet(s) will weigh a lot, each piece is easily manageable by one or two people.
We will email you tracking information as soon as it is available and this will give you the estimated delivery date at the local shipping terminal near you.. When your order arrives at the terminal, the dispatcher there will call you to set up the delivery appointment, usually for the next business day or whenever is convenient for you.
Essex Greenhouse was founded over 20 years ago in Bluffton, Indiana by Paul Clements. Trained as a civil engineer in his native England where greenhouses are ubiquitous, Paul had tried back in 1997 to buy a greenhouse for his wife of the same quality he had experience growing up. After visiting many dealers and factories throughout the country, he decided to create his own line of premium and highly customizable aluminum greenhouses and his first effort was the still popular Devon line.
In the subsquent decades the Milford and Lincoln lines were created and have proven to be even more popular. The Milford takes the Devon and adds some of the more popular options along with an upgraded door. The Lincoln line of lean-to greenhouses has become the best offered at Greenhouse Nation and has been the best selling line Essex offers. The Lincoln has been used both as a greenhouse and a patio room or sun room for customers, and sometimes as both concurrently.
All Essex greenhouses are built by hand in the workshop in Bluffton for shipping to every state and multiple foreign destinations. Paul and his team fabricate the metal components which are powder-coated at a nearby paint shop that has been a trusted partner for years now. This paint shop can offer literally any color match your want for your greenhouse and even paints automotive panels for nearby racing teams.
Besides the superior build quality and value that Essex provides in all its structures, the biggest advantage of this manufacturer is the superior customer service offered. Paul and his team are available to assist with any technical or installation questions that you may have and they've amassed hundreds of fans across the country over the years. Greenhouse Nation is proud to be a trusted authorized dealer of Essex Greenhouse and we give our highest recommmendation to this American manufacturer as we know that they will strive to make sure you are completely satisfied with your greenhouse.