Classically designed by one of the nation's premier greenhouse builders is the Essex Devon Greenhouse. This 10X14 unit features the solid build and quality found in all Essex Greenhouse models. The Devon is an always popular choice from Essex, and it is sure to bring your family years of enjoyment.
It is available in a wide variety of sizes to fit any home to give plenty of room for growing or just relaxing. An optional interior wall is often used with larger units to allow owners to have a greenhouse in one side, and a hot tub or patio area in the other. An additional door for the opposite end of the greenhouse is also available.
The Devon includes a powered ventilation system that consists of a fan, a motorized wall vent, and a thermostat to achieve the optimum temperature. This means that you'll have everything you need to get started enjoying your greenhouse in one package.
The shatter-resistant polycarbonate 6mm twin wall panels yield more efficient heating control along with a higher degree of safety. All glazing is pre-taped from the factory and the panels are ready to use from the box, making assembly an easy process that can be done in as little as a day depending on how much help you have.
Additional Door: Doors can be be put into both ends of the 16 ft. long Devon greenhouse, giving even easier access to the interior.
- Model: 10/14LDV
- Interior dimensions: 10’ width x 13' 11 ¼" length x 7’ 5 ½" height
- Includes powered ventilation system consisting of 16" exhaust fan, 16" motorized vent at 115 volts, and thermostat
- Color: aluminum mill finish
- 6mm shatter-resistant polycarbonate twin wall panels are commercial grade and UV-protected on outside
- Frame set on 24" centers
- Can withstand 70 mph winds and snow loads of 23 lbs. per sq. ft.
- All glazing is pre-taped at the factory and the panels are ready to use from the box
- Mill finish aluminum construction with high-grade 6064-T3 alloy
- Stainless steel T bolts and captive nuts used with a shake-proof washer, keeping the structure strong in inclimate weather
- Vinyl-clad, solid core door with screened sliding center glass panels that allow for additional mid-summer venting (36" wide)
- Fan and vents are sized from the factory to give a good airflow through the greenhouse
- Eave height is 5-foot, giving plenty of working room inside the greenhouse without having to stoop and more room for shelving
- All units come complete and do not require a separate base frame
- All greenhouses are built to order and individually inspected and packed with a 3 to 4 week lead time
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Some images may show building with optional contents or accessories such as windows or shelving
- Friendly technical support from Essex Greenhouse for installation help
- All greenhouses include comprehensive assembly manual along with a DVD showing each stage of assembly
- Greenhouse Nation is an authorized dealer of all Essex Greenhouse products
- Shipped in 3 boxes via motor freight: (1) aluminum frame box is 12" x 14" x length of the greenhouse; (2) glazing box is 24" x 12" x 96"; (3) electrical equipment such as fan, vents, thermostat, and speed controller is shipped separately via UPS
- Proudly 100% made in the USA by Essex Greenhouse and ships direct from their Indiana factory
- Essex Greenhouse and Greenhouse Nation stand by its greenhouses and work to make sure you are completely satisfied
- 10 year limited warranty on frame, 10 year limited polycarbonate warranty, 1 year limited warranty on ventilation equipment
Additional Roof Vents: Vents require one full roof panel on both sides. So one vent can be mounted easily in between two clear panels. A second vent could be added after the next clear panel. However roof vents are detrimental to air flow if an exhaust system is installed, as the fan will take air from the roof vents instead of the motorized vent.
Door Upgrade: The vinyl-clad solid core door that is standard on the Devon can be upgraded to double sliding doors with a large 47" opening.
Drop Down Door: Many customers prefer to place their greenhouse on a raised knee-wall, also known as a stem wall. This can be accomodated to a height of up to 36". The optional sliding doors can not be selected with this option.
Interior Wall: The Devon allows for an interior wall to be installed that has sliding doors and one 12" motorized vent. The wall is often used to separate the unit into two functional halves. For instance, one side can be a greenhouse and the other side is perfect for a hot tub.
Wheelchair Access: The vinyl-clad solid core door that is standard on the Devon can be upgraded to double sliding doors with a large 47" opening that have no step to allow for easy wheelchair access.
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly Videos
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 1 - Sidewall (8 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 1 - Sidewall (10 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 2 - Back End (8 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 2 - Back End (10 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 3 - Front End (8 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 3 - Front End (10 ft.)
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 4 - Main Frame
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 5 - Roof Vent
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 6 - Glazing
Essex Devon/Milford Greenhouse Assembly - Section 7 - Door Assembly