The best-selling Sungarden is one of the most popular greenhouse models from Cross Country Greenhouses, a top builder in North America for 60 years. At 8X8, it can fit perfectly into just about any setting. The classic design enhances any yard and will provide your family years of enjoyment.
Designed to withstand heavy snow loads and high winds, the Sungarden uses nearly unbreakable twinwall polycarbonate for roof glazing and the side walls. The energy efficient polycarbonate retains heat effectively while diffusing light to prevent plants from burning.
The Sungarden greenhouse is built to order and easy to assemble, as it can be put together in just hours depending on how much help you have. No special tools are required, and all the bolt holes are pre-drilled and the door is pre-hung.
- Nominal size: 8' X 8'
- Exterior dimensions: 8' 3 1/4" width X 8' 4 3/4" length X 7' 7 5/8" height
- Premium heavy duty aluminum frame is prefabricated, maintenance-free, rust proof, and built to last a lifetime
- Frame is spaced every 2' for maximum versatility and durability
- Structure is designed to withstand heavy snow load of 30 lbs. per sq. ft. and high winds up to 80 MPH
- 6mm twinwall polycarbonate roof and vertical walls
- Baked enamel finish
- Color: White; Optional Hartford Green or Rideau Brown available
- Ideal 8X8 size provides 75% more growing space than typical 6X8 DIY greenhouse kits
- Tall 5' 6" sidewalls are ideal for hanging baskets
- Extra width to accommodate larger benches
- Energy efficient design and components save heating costs in winter
- Draft-free, air tight framing system with weatherstripping and weather sealed vent frames
- Extra large, double wide 48" X 28" roof vent includes solar powered vent controls to open automatically
- Continuous exterior cap to hold glass and polycarbonate secure instead of clips
- Heavy-duty 32" X 74" storm door is pre-hung, hinged on the left, and includes a locking latch with keys and an adjustable tempered glass window with a screen for additional air flow
- Eyehooks for hanging baskets and accessories
- Maximum/minimum thermometer to help regulate temperature
- Engineered drawings for local building permits available upon request
- Optional benches and shelving available to increase usability
- Weight: 510 lbs.
- Wood crating for safe delivery
- Detailed written directions with instructional DVD
- Friendly customer service available to answer any questions with toll-free number
- Manufacturer has been family owned and operated since 1951
- Limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects on frame, 10 year limited polycarbonate warranty
Twinwall Polycarbonate - This 6mm polycarbonate is among the most economical glazing materials. It is practical for a growing greenhouse as it offers 50% more insulation than single pane glass while diffusing excess sunlight in the summer. It is virtually unbreakable, making it safe and an ideal roofing material. The polycarbonate provides an R value of 1.59 and has about 82% light transmission, helping to minimize interior condensation.
Benches - Get plenty of working area for all your plants with these heavy duty all cedar framed benches. They come with either a cedar or wire top, and are available in 24" X 48" or 32" X 48".
Wire Shelving - These 12" shelves attach to the side walls of the greenhouse to increase your working area. The shelves come in 8', 10', and 12' long sections. Each greenhouse can accommodate up to two wire shelves.
Shade Cloth - The durable shade cloth from Cross Country helps cool the interior of your greenhouse on hot days by up to 70%. It comes in a variety of lengths to suit any need in both 6' wide and 12' wide.
Decorative Cresting and Finials - This beautiful cresting is available to adorn the ridge of any length greenhouse. Colored to match the rest of the structure, finials for each end of the greenhouse complete the set.
Fan Exhaust Ventilation Package - Cross Country offers a complete ventilation package that is specially designed for different greenhouse sizes. It includes a fan, one or two motorized intake shutters, and a thermostat. Greenhouses with up to 120 sq. ft. of area should use the 10" package, which includes a 10" fan and 1 intake (690 CFM). Greenhouses with between 121 and 200 sq. ft. of area should use the 14" package, which has a 14" fan and 2 intakes (2170 CFM). Greenhouse with between 201 and 300 sq. ft. of area should use the 18" package, which includes a 18" fan and 2 intakes (3200 CFM). The metal shutter fans in each package are painted to match the rest of the greenhouse.
Vent Screens - Cross Country offers vent screens specially designed to work on vents with automatic openers. The screens allow for ventilation while preventing bugs from entering. A screen is available for the roof vent, and a separate screen is available for the side vent or intake shutters.
Side Vents - Side vents can be added to any style greenhouse to provide additional ventilation. They are 24" X 24", and are either manually operated or come with automatic openers.