Due to extraordinary circumstances, Cross Country greenhouses have a current turnaround time of up to 4-5 months, though it may be a bit sooner.
As a long time authorized dealer, we are in constant contact with the manufacturer to ensure that you receive your order in a timely manner.
Please check with us to find the latest availability and let us know if you have any questions at all.
The Parkside 8X10 Glass Greenhouse is one of the hallmark models from Cross Country Greenhouses, a top premium builder in North America for over 60 years. It features a heavy-duty aluminum frame that is extremely durable and painted black.
Designed to withstand heavy snow loads and high winds, the Cape Cod uses nearly unbreakable twin-wall polycarbonate roof glazing and tempered safety glass on the side walls. The roof can be made of single pane tempered glass as well, though polycarbonate is the most popular choice.
The Parkside includes decorative ridge crestings along with two finials for a classic look. It is part of Cross Country's featured line of greenhouses and has been featured in national magazines.
Built to order and easy to assemble, the Parkside can be put together in just a weekend depending on how much help you have. No special tools are required, and all the bolt holes are pre-drilled and the door is pre-hung. The decorative base panels provide a fully finished appearance and eliminate the need for a concrete foundation.
- Model number: FCC810SG
- Nominal size: 8' x 10'
- Exterior dimensions: 8' 7 1/2" width x 10' 8" length x 10' 2 1/8" ridge height
- Interior height to center ridge: 9' 8 1/8"
- Sidewall height: 5'
- Color: black
- Architectural straight style roof has 45 degree slope (12/12) that allows for extra interior height
- Matches many common roof styles and architectural design of homes and other buildings
- Premium heavy-duty aluminum frame with 2' spacing is prefabricated, maintenance-free, rust proof, and built to last a lifetime
- Structure is designed to withstand heavy snow load of 32 lbs. per sq. ft. and high winds up to 85 mph
- Traditional clear glass walls give maximum visibility for viewing plants and allow maximum light transmission to give a spacious feel
- Single pane of glass for each 2' section so that there are no overlapping panels
- Baked enamel finish
- Includes decorative cresting and 2 finials
- Decorative base panels: 0.030 aluminum stamped panels painted custom black eliminate need and cost of a concrete foundation
- Energy efficient design and components save heating costs in winter
- Draft-free, air tight framing system with weatherstripping and weather sealed vent frames
- 2 automatic roof vents: extra large 48" x 28" roof vents include solar powered vent controls to open automatically
- Adjustable screened glass door panel has 5 opening positions for additional ventilation
- Continuous exterior cap to hold glass and polycarbonate secure instead of clips
- Heavy-duty 32" x 76" storm door is pre-hung, hinged on the left, and includes a locking latch with keys and an adjustable tempered glass window with a screen for additional air flow
- All stainless steel fasteners
- Includes 12 eyehooks
- Includes max/min thermometer
- Engineered drawings for local building permits available upon request
- Note: All Cross Country greenhouses are built to order and individually inspected and packed with a 6 to 8 week lead time and so can not be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Some images may be not to scale or show greenhouses with optional contents or accessories such as benches
- Wood crating for safe delivery
- Shipping weight: 1122 lbs.
- Includes comprehensive assembly manual along with a DVD showing each stage of assembly
- Friendly toll-free technical support available from manufacturer for installation help
- Manufacturer, B.C. Greenhouses, has been family owned and operated since 1951
- Greenhouse Nation is an authorized dealer of all Cross Country greenhouses
- B.C. Greenhouses and Greenhouse Nation stand by its greenhouses and work to make you 100% satisfied
- Limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects on frame
Twinwall Polycarbonate - This 6mm polycarbonate is among the most economical glazing materials. It is practical for a growing greenhouse as it offers 50% more insulation than single pane glass while diffusing excess sunlight in the summer. It is virtually unbreakable, making it safe and an ideal roofing material. The polycarbonate provides an R value of 1.59 and has about 82% light transmission, helping to minimize interior condensation. The polycarbonate has a UV inhibitor that is co-extruded into the outside layer to prevent yellowing. It is expected to have a visible light degradation of no more than 6% over 10 years.
Single Pane Glass - Many Cross Country Greenhouses feature 3mm tempered safety glass for the vertical walls. This single pane glazing is both economical and aesthetically pleasing, as it allows approximately 95% light transmission while being virtually translucent. The glass is tempered to minimize any possibility of breakage or injury, while still providing an R value of 0.9. The traditional look of single pane glass appeals to most buyers and therefore is the most popular choice of vertical glazing. For a substantially higher price, 6mm single glass is also available as glazing upon request.
Door Hinges - The door of this Cross Country greenhouse can be hinged on the left side or the right side, as determined when looking at the door from the outside of the greenhouse.
Engineered Drawings - Certain building departments and municipalities throughout the country are stricter than others in issuing building permits. Engineered drawings are available from Cross Country for this purpose. They are stamped and sealed by the engineer and mailed directly to the customer. The turnaround time is usually 2-3 weeks. Upon request, Cross Country greenhouses can be engineered to meet just about any snow load and wind load requirements. Stamped engineered drawings are required for such customization.
Glazing - The roof and side panels of this greenhouse are 3mm tempered glass by default. The roof can be changed to twinwall polycarbonate and this gives some discount on the price. This is the ideal solution for the roof for most customers as it helps protect against inclement weather such as hail or falling branches.
Ventilation Package - Cross Country offers a complete ventilation package that is specially designed for different greenhouse sizes. It includes a fan, one or two motorized intake shutters, and a thermostat. Greenhouses with up to 120 sq. ft. of area should use the 10 inch package, which includes a 10 inch fan and 1 intake (690 CFM). Greenhouses with between 121 and 200 sq. ft. of area should use the 14 inch package that has a 14 inch fan and 2 intakes (2170 CFM). Greenhouses with over 200 sq. ft. of area should use the 18 inch package that includes an 18 inch fan and 2 intakes (3200 CFM). The metal shutter fans in each package are painted to match the rest of the greenhouse.
BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. Shipping Information
The factory for Cross Country is in British Columbia, Canada on the west coast. Therefore the shipping time to certain midwestern and eastern states is slightly longer than to the rest of the country. Curbside delivery with a liftgate service is included with every order.
Curbside delivery means that the delivery company will lower the pallet(s) off the delivery truck at the end of your driveway. The driver is not responsible for unpacking or moving pallets to the build location.
When your Cross Country greenhouse arrives from the shipper, it is recommended for the customer to have at least two people available to help move each piece in the pallet from the curb to wherever the structure will be assembled. Though the entire pallet(s) will weigh a lot, each piece is manageable by one or two people.
We will email you tracking information as soon as it is available. When your order arrives at the shipping terminal closest to your home, the dispatcher there will call you to set up the delivery appointment, usually for the next day or whenever is convenient for you.
BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. Product Videos
Cross Country Greenhouses - Gardening Is Good For The Soul
Cross Country Sungarden 8X8 Greenhouse Time Lapse Assembly
Cross Country Greenhouses Example Flooring Options
Cross Country Greenhouses Twinwall Polycarbonate Walk Through
Cross Country Greenhouses Frame Strength
Cross Country Greenhouses Landscaping Ideas
Cross Country Greenhouses Image Slideshow
Cross Country Greenhouses Bolt Track System
Customer Video of Cross Country Lean-To Greenhouse
About BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd.
BC Greenhouses Builders Ltd. - A Company Overview
Founded in 1951, BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. has grown from a small operation to dozens of employees with thousands of square feet of sales, manufacturing, and warehouse space. Its structures have been sold all over the world for ornamental horticulture, vegetable production, teaching environments, and high end hobby grower use.
Henry Heinen started with the company in 1959 and in 1972, he and his wife Greta purchased the company and created the Cross Country Greenhouses brand. Their son Rick now heads the company and has led its expansion into new product lines and markets.
BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. manufactures virtually everything needed by hobby, educational, and commercial gardeners alike and installation services are available upon request. Designed, engineered, and manufactured in Vancouver, B.C., the manufacturer has a dedicated support staff and an on-site R&D department. Superior customer service is a cornerstone of their business model along with fair pricing and industry-leading quality.
BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. offers a wide variety of accessories for its models including heating, ventilation, venting, extra doors, and a variety of decorative upgrades that are constantly under development. BC's friendly staff is available to assist directly with any technical questions and the great pride taken in everything BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. manufactures is evident at every step.