The Parkside 8X10 Glass Greenhouse is one of the hallmark models from Cross Country Greenhouses, a top premium builder in North America for over 60 years. It features a heavy-duty aluminum frame that is extremely durable and painted black.
Designed to withstand heavy snow loads and high winds, the Cape Cod uses nearly unbreakable twin-wall polycarbonate roof glazing and tempered safety glass on the side walls. The roof can be made of single pane tempered glass as well, though polycarbonate is the most popular choice.
The Parkside includes decorative ridge crestings along with two finials for a classic look. It is part of Cross Country's featured line of greenhouses and has been featured in national magazines.
Built to order and easy to assemble, the Parkside can be put together in just a weekend depending on how much help you have. No special tools are required, and all the bolt holes are pre-drilled and the door is pre-hung. The decorative base panels provide a fully finished appearance and eliminate the need for a concrete foundation.
- Model number: FCC810SG
- Nominal size: 8' x 10'
- Exterior dimensions: 8' 7 1/2" width x 10' 8" length x 10' 2 1/8" ridge height
- Interior height to center ridge: 9' 8 1/8"
- Sidewall height: 5'
- Color: black
- Architectural straight style roof has 45 degree slope (12/12) that allows for extra interior height
- Matches many common roof styles and architectural design of homes and other buildings
- Premium heavy-duty aluminum frame with 2' spacing is prefabricated, maintenance-free, rust proof, and built to last a lifetime
- Structure is designed to withstand heavy snow load of 32 lbs. per sq. ft. and high winds up to 85 mph
- Traditional clear glass walls give maximum visibility for viewing plants and allow maximum light transmission to give a spacious feel
- Single pane of glass for each 2' section so that there are no overlapping panels
- Baked enamel finish
- Includes decorative cresting and 2 finials
- Decorative base panels: 0.030 aluminum stamped panels painted custom black eliminate need and cost of a concrete foundation
- Energy efficient design and components save heating costs in winter
- Draft-free, air tight framing system with weatherstripping and weather sealed vent frames
- 2 automatic roof vents: extra large 48" x 28" roof vents include solar powered vent controls to open automatically
- Adjustable screened glass door panel has 5 opening positions for additional ventilation
- Continuous exterior cap to hold glass and polycarbonate secure instead of clips
- Heavy-duty 32" x 76" storm door is pre-hung, hinged on the left, and includes a locking latch with keys and an adjustable tempered glass window with a screen for additional air flow
- All stainless steel fasteners
- Includes 12 eyehooks
- Includes max/min thermometer
- Engineered drawings for local building permits available upon request
- Note: All Cross Country greenhouses are built to order and individually inspected and packed with a 6 to 8 week lead time and so can not be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Some images may be not to scale or show greenhouses with optional contents or accessories such as benches
- Wood crating for safe delivery
- Shipping weight: 1122 lbs.
- Includes comprehensive assembly manual along with a DVD showing each stage of assembly
- Friendly toll-free technical support available from manufacturer for installation help
- Manufacturer, B.C. Greenhouses, has been family owned and operated since 1951
- Greenhouse Nation is an authorized dealer of all Cross Country greenhouses
- B.C. Greenhouses and Greenhouse Nation stand by its greenhouses and work to make you 100% satisfied
- Limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects on frame
Single Pane Glass - Many Cross Country Greenhouses feature 3mm tempered safety glass for the vertical walls. This single pane glazing is both economical and aesthetically pleasing, as it allows approximately 95% light transmission while being virtually translucent. The glass is tempered to minimize any possibility of breakage or injury, while still providing an R value of 0.9. The traditional look of single pane glass appeals to most buyers and therefore is the most popular choice of vertical glazing.
Shade Cloth - The durable shade cloth from Cross Country helps cool the interior of your greenhouse on hot days by up to 70%. It comes in a variety of lengths to suit any need in both 6' wide and 12' wide.
Fan Exhaust Ventilation Package - Cross Country offers a complete ventilation package that is specially designed for different greenhouse sizes. It includes a fan, one or two motorized intake shutters, and a thermostat. Greenhouses with up to 120 sq. ft. of area should use the 10" package, which includes a 10" fan and 1 intake (690 CFM). The metal shutter fans in each package are painted to match the rest of the greenhouse.
Vent Screens - Cross Country offers vent screens specially designed to work on vents with automatic openers. The screens allow for ventilation while preventing bugs from entering. A screen is available for the roof vent, and a separate screen is available for the side vent or intake shutters.
Glass Louvres - Louvres can be easily installed into any glass greenhouse to provide maximum ventilation. They feature a 24" X 28" aluminum frame with adjustable glass louvre blades.
Side Vents - Side vents can be added to any style greenhouse to provide additional ventilation. They are 24" X 24", and are either manually operated or come with automatic openers.