Due to extraordinary circumstances, Cross Country greenhouses have a current turnaround time of up to 6 months or so, though it may be a bit sooner.
As a long time authorized dealer, we are in constant contact with the manufacturer to ensure that you receive your order in a timely manner.
Please check with us to find the latest availability and let us know if you have any questions at all.
The Cross Country Legacy Greenhouse from BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd., one of the premium builders in North America for over 60 years, is a beautiful addition to any garden. It features a classic design with a durable, heavy-duty aluminum frame that is expected to last for decades.
Designed to withstand heavy snow loads and high winds, the Traditional uses nearly unbreakable twinwall polycarbonate roof glazing and tempered safety glass on the side walls for maximum visibility. This provides the benefits of both materials in terms of aesthetics and functionality.
The greenhouse can be assembled in as little as a weekend depending on how much help you have and friendly help over the phone is available from the manufacturer for any installation questions. These premium greenhouses are built to order, giving the customer time to prepare the site for assembly.
The Cross Country Legacy can be used as a greenhouse, and outdoor sunroom, or even as a cover for a hot tub or pool. Its superior build quality ensures that it will stay looking new long after it is assembled and it is sure to become a showpiece for your family for many years to come.
- Model: FTR88SGTW
- Nominal size: 8' width x 8' length
- Exterior dimensions: 8' 7 1/2" width x 8' 7 1/2" length x 7' 8" height
- Tall 5' 6" sidewalls are ideal for hanging baskets and taller plants
- Frame color: rideau brown
- Matches many common roof styles and architectural design of homes and other buildings
- Premium heavy-duty aluminum frame is prefabricated, maintenance-free, rust proof, and built to last a lifetime
- Frame uses proprietary aluminum extrusions: alloy and temper framework is 6063-T5 or T6 for extrusions and 209 for sheet/plates
- Structure is rated to withstand snow load of 30 lbs. per sq. ft. and wind load of 80 mph
- Standard model has 6mm twinwall polycarbonate roof and 3mm tempered safety glass vertical walls
- Traditional clear glass walls give maximum visibility for viewing plants and allow maximum light transmission to give a spacious feel
- Typical finish and trim is semi-gloss baked on Duracron enamel finish that complies with AMMA 2603 specification
- Energy efficient design and components save heating costs in winter due to the reduced volume and lower pitch of the roof
- Draft-free, airtight framing system with weatherstripping and weather-sealed vent frames
- One extra large, double wide 48" x 28" roof vent includes solar powered vent controls to open automatically
- Continuous exterior cap to hold glass and polycarbonate secure instead of clips
- Heavy-duty storm door is pre-hung and includes a locking latch with keys and an adjustable tempered glass window with a screen for additional air flow
- Cross Country greenhouse frames are approximately 30% thicker than competing greenhouse frames
- All stainless steel fasteners are non-magnetic, non-corrosive, and compatible with aluminum
- Cross Country Greenhouses are available from Greenhouse Nation in just about any size or style, so please let us know if you need a greenhouse not already listed on our site
- Note: Some images may not be to scale or show the greenhouse with the options or other items such as tables and chairs which are not included
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: All Cross Country greenhouses are built to order with a 4 to 6 week lead time and so can not be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Includes comprehensive assembly manual along with a DVD showing each stage of assembly
- Friendly toll-free technical support available from manufacturer for installation help
- Manufacturer, B.C. Greenhouses, has been family owned and operated since 1951
- Wood crating for safe delivery
- Greenhouse Nation is an authorized dealer of all Cross Country greenhouses
- Ships direct from BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. factory in Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. and Greenhouse Nation stand by its greenhouses and work to make you completely satisfied
- Limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects on frame, 10 year limited polycarbonate warranty
Twinwall Polycarbonate - This 6mm polycarbonate is among the most economical glazing materials. It is practical for a growing greenhouse as it offers 50% more insulation than single pane glass while diffusing excess sunlight in the summer. It is virtually unbreakable, making it safe and an ideal roofing material. The polycarbonate provides an R value of 1.59 and has about 82% light transmission, helping to minimize interior condensation. The polycarbonate has a UV inhibitor that is co-extruded into the outside layer to prevent yellowing. It is expected to have a visible light degradation of no more than 6% over 10 years.
Single Pane Glass - Many Cross Country Greenhouses feature 3mm tempered safety glass for the vertical walls. This single pane glazing is both economical and aesthetically pleasing, as it allows approximately 95% light transmission while being virtually translucent. The glass is tempered to minimize any possibility of breakage or injury, while still providing an R value of 0.9. The traditional look of single pane glass appeals to most buyers and therefore is the most popular choice of vertical glazing. For a substantially higher price, 6mm single glass is also available as glazing upon request.
Benches - Get plenty of working area for all your plants with these heavy duty all cedar framed benches. They are 48 inches long, have either a cedar or wire top, and are either 24 or 32 inches wide.
Decorative Cresting and Finials - This beautiful cresting is available to adorn the ridge of any length greenhouse. Colored to match the rest of the structure, finials for each end of the greenhouse complete the set.
Door Drop - The door drop kit includes all the framing and glass or polycarbonate above the door of your Cross Country greenhouse so that it drops down by up to 36 inches, though 20 inches or 24 inches is most common. This allows for the greenhouse to be built upon a stem wall (knee wall) foundation. A stem wall provides a solid base to build upon, raises the peak height by whatever amount you choose, and is universally thought to add to the already beautiful aesthetics of the greenhouse. When selecting this option, please notify us about the size of the door drop in the Notes section of the checkout or via email.
Examples of Stem Wall with Door Drop:
Door Hinges - The door of this Cross Country greenhouse can be hinged on the left side or the right side, as determined when looking at the door from the outside of the greenhouse.
Engineered Drawings - Certain building departments and municipalities throughout the country are stricter than others in issuing building permits. Engineered drawings are available from Cross Country for this purpose. They are stamped and sealed by the engineer and mailed directly to the customer. The turnaround time is usually 2-3 weeks. Upon request, Cross Country greenhouses can be engineered to meet just about any snow load and wind load requirements. Stamped engineered drawings are required for such customization.
Louver Windows - Louver windows can be easily installed into any glass greenhouse to provide maximum ventilation. They feature a 24 inch x 28 inch aluminum frame with adjustable glass louver blades.
Roof - The roof panels of this greenhouse are twinwall polycarbonate by default. This is the most common choice for customers as it helps protect against inclement weather such as hail or falling branches while the wall panels can still be translucent glass.
Side Vents - Side vents can be added to any style greenhouse to provide additional ventilation. These 24 inch x 24 inch vents are either manually operated or come with automatic openers.
Solar Powered Vent Openers - Solar powered vent openers are included to automatically help keep your greenhouse ventilated on warm days. The standard opener has an adjustable operating temperature between 55 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Hydraulicheck openers are available for high wind areas that have up to 90 MPH wind gusts. Orchid Wax openers are available for hot-house environments, and the Super Heavy Lifter openers are available in certain greenhouses for customers who choose double glass glazing.
Vent Screens - Cross Country offers vent screens specially designed to work on vents with automatic openers. The screens allow for ventilation while preventing bugs from entering. A screen is available for the roof vent, and a separate screen is available for the side vent or intake shutters.
Ventilation Package - Cross Country offers a complete ventilation package that is specially sized for each greenhouse. The package for this greenhouse includes a 10" exhaust fan, one motorized intake shutter, and a thermostat. The metal shutter fans in each package are painted to match the rest of the greenhouse.
Options Available With Pricing Upon Request
Greenhouse Installation - BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. has a team that can travel just about anywhere in North America to consult or lead the installation of a greenhouse. It is typically more cost effective for customers to hire someone local and Cross Country will always provide whatever technical support over the phone is needed to ensure that projects are successfully completed.
Heater - Cross Country has a variety of electric heaters as well as Modine liquid propane or natural gas heaters available. Depending on what part of the country you're in, different sizes and styles will be appropriate, and we can offer you the best fit upon request. Heaters can also be purchased after the fact as they're typically only needed during part of the year.
Available Greenhouse Frame Styles
BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. Shipping Information
The factory for Cross Country is in British Columbia, Canada on the west coast. Therefore the shipping time to certain midwestern and eastern states is slightly longer than to the rest of the country. Curbside delivery with a liftgate service is included with every order.
Curbside delivery means that the delivery company will lower the pallet(s) off the delivery truck at the end of your driveway. The driver is not responsible for unpacking or moving pallets to the build location.
When your Cross Country greenhouse arrives from the shipper, it is recommended for the customer to have at least two people available to help move each piece in the pallet from the curb to wherever the structure will be assembled. Though the entire pallet(s) will weigh a lot, each piece is manageable by one or two people.
We will email you tracking information as soon as it is available. When your order arrives at the shipping terminal closest to your home, the dispatcher there will call you to set up the delivery appointment, usually for the next day or whenever is convenient for you.
BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. Product Videos
Cross Country Greenhouses - Gardening Is Good For The Soul
Cross Country Sungarden 8X8 Greenhouse Time Lapse Assembly
Cross Country Greenhouses Example Flooring Options
Cross Country Greenhouses Twinwall Polycarbonate Walk Through
Cross Country Greenhouses Frame Strength
Cross Country Greenhouses Landscaping Ideas
Cross Country Greenhouses Image Slideshow
Cross Country Greenhouses Bolt Track System
Customer Video of Cross Country Lean-To Greenhouse
About BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd.
BC Greenhouses Builders Ltd. - A Company Overview
Founded in 1951, BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. has grown from a small operation to dozens of employees with thousands of square feet of sales, manufacturing, and warehouse space. Its structures have been sold all over the world for ornamental horticulture, vegetable production, teaching environments, and high end hobby grower use.
Henry Heinen started with the company in 1959 and in 1972, he and his wife Greta purchased the company and created the Cross Country Greenhouses brand. Their son Rick now heads the company and has led its expansion into new product lines and markets.
BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. manufactures virtually everything needed by hobby, educational, and commercial gardeners alike and installation services are available upon request. Designed, engineered, and manufactured in Vancouver, B.C., the manufacturer has a dedicated support staff and an on-site R&D department. Superior customer service is a cornerstone of their business model along with fair pricing and industry-leading quality.
BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. offers a wide variety of accessories for its models including heating, ventilation, venting, extra doors, and a variety of decorative upgrades that are constantly under development. BC's friendly staff is available to assist directly with any technical questions and the great pride taken in everything BC Greenhouse Builders Ltd. manufactures is evident at every step.