Designed especially for educational institutions is the best-selling Educator 30X48 greenhouse from Atlas, one of the nation's premier manufacturers of commercial greenhouses for the past three decades. They have applied their vast experience to a new line of arched greenhouses that is among the highest quality available anywhere.
An attractive addition to any setting, the Educator is designed for easy assembly in just a day or so depending on how much help you have. The greenhouse is built of strong 2” x 2”, 14 gauge galvanized Allied Gatorshield® tubing and uses pre-welded stanchions.
It is covered with commercial-grade 8mm twin-wall polycarbonate that is virtually unbreakable and has excellent insulative properties. The polycarbonate features a 10 year warranty with a 20 year life expectancy.
The Atlas Educator allows you to have a beautiful, commercial-grade greenhouse for your educational classroom in an affordable package. It has plenty of space for all your plants and students, and its towering peak height will accommodate even tall plants and small trees.
No matter what you grow, the Atlas Educator 30X48 Greenhouse will provide great enjoyment for seasoned gardeners and beginning students alike for years to come.
- Model: Educator 30X48
- Nominal size: 30' x 48'
- Interior dimensions: 29' 8" width x 47' 8" length
- Peak height: 11' 3 3/4"
- Sidewall height: 5'
- Color: silver (mill finish aluminum)
- Spacious interior to accommodate many plants and people
- Allied Gatorshield® steel tubing has 50% more zinc coating than normal and three layers overall of rust and corrosion protection, making it perfect for outdoor and high moisture environments
- Column posts made of Allied Gatorshield® 2" x 4", 14 gauge square tubing with 6' spacing
- Ground rail, bows, horizontal purlins, and framing studs made of Allied Gatorshield® 2" x 3", 14 gauge square tubing
- Strong purlins made of Allied Gatorshield® 1 3/8" 14 gauge round tubing for added roof strength and hanging baskets and plants
- Pre-welded stanchions and extruded aluminum ridge caps allow for quicker assembly
- Aluminum base extrusions attractively seal and trim base of greenhouse
- Rounded roof to help prevent snow accumulation
- Vertical sidewalls help maximize interior space
- Commercial-grade, no-drip 8mm twin-wall polycarbonate (PCSS) covering for roof, sides, and end walls has highest insulative capacity for low heating costs and 20 year life expectancy
- Extra large 3/4 glass ADA-compliant door with lockset is 42" wide x 78" tall; second door or extra wide doors or sliding doors can be added upon request
- Standard snow load capacity of 15 lbs. per sq. ft. and wind load capacity of 90 mph can be upgraded upon request
- All units come complete and do not require a separate base frame
- All hardware needed for assembly is included
- Includes concrete or earth anchor kit
- Engineered to meet all International Building Code specifications
- Elegant design to fit any location
- Perfect for growing in all climates
- Instruction manual with clear, step-by-step directions
- Atlas Greenhouses are available from Greenhouse Nation in just about any size, so please let us know if you need a greenhouse not already listed on our site
- Friendly technical support for installation help from Atlas is available
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Some images may not be to scale and show Educator greenhouse with optional accessories such as exhaust fans, benches, irrigation system, shade cloth, or evaporative cooler
- Note: Atlas greenhouses are built to order with a 2-3 week lead time and so can not be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Weight: approximately 3765 lbs.
- Greenhouse Nation is an authorized dealer of all Atlas greenhouses
- Proudly 100% made in the USA by Atlas Greenhouse and ships direct via ground freight from their Georgia factory
- Atlas Greenhouse and Greenhouse Nation stand by its greenhouses and work to make our customers completely satisfied
- 1 year limited frame warranty, 10 year limited polycarbonate warranty
Besides those listed below, Atlas offers a wide variety of greenhouse options such as custom-sized Benches, different types of Doors (sliding, steel, roll-up), Environmental Controls, Fire Exit Signs, Grow Lights, Irrigation Systems, and Structural Upgrades (for higher snow/wind load ratings). Please contact Greenhouse Nation for more information and a detailed quote.
Anchor Kit - The Atlas Educator comes with your choice of concrete or earth (ground) anchors, depending upon where you decide to assemble your greenhouse. Concrete anchors are perfect if you have a concrete pad or will be pouring a concrete foundation. The earth anchors are 1" in diameter, 14 gauge, and 30" long. Either type will keep your greenhouse secure in inclimate weather.
Bench Kit (Portable) - The 3' deep portable bench system from Atlas is not permanently attached to the greenhouse frame like the stationary bench. This allows more flexibility to move benches around as needed, and they can come in a variety of custom lengths upon request. The portable benches features heavy aluminum extrusions on the top edge and underneath beam and can be easily moved inside the greenhouse by two people.
Bench Kit (Stationary) - The 3' deep bench system from Atlas is designed to increase the efficiency of your greenhouse and last through years of heavy usage. The supporting framework for all benches is 1" x 2" rectangular tubing which offers superior strength and longevity. The top is made of 13 gauge galvanized metal and the top edge and underneath beam have heavy aluminum extrusions. The stationary bench is attached to the frame of the greenhouse. Typically the benches run the length of the greenhouse, but custom sizes are available upon request.
Engineered Drawings - Certain building departments and municipalities throughout the country are stricter than others in issuing building permits. Engineered drawings are available from Atlas for this purpose. They are stamped and sealed by the engineer and mailed directly to the customer. Atlas uses a third party engineering firm for these drawings and the turnaround time is usually 2-3 weeks. Upon request, Atlas greenhouses can be engineered to meet just about any snow load and wind load requirements. Stamped engineered drawings are required for such customization. Depending on your local building department, you may need one set of drawings for the structure and another set of drawings for the foundation.
Hanging Basket Rail - The Educator can accommodate multiple hanging basket rails for hanging plants. These are made of 1 3/8 inch, 17 gauge Allied Gatorshield tubing and run the length of the greenhouse. Care must be taken not to put too heavy a basket in one place as the manufacturer recommends weight to be distributed evenly across the rail.
Evaporative Cooling System - The 4' x 15' stainless steel Quietaire evaporative cooling system can quickly reduce the internal temperature of your greenhouse by 20 to 30 degrees on hot summer days. It is an efficient way to keep your plants at the proper temperature. It includes 4' x 15' automatic wall vent located behind evaporative cooling system. The wall vent uses a motorized rack and pinion drive system to offer years of reliable use. The system is self-contained and does not require a reservoir tank. It uses a 65/15 degree water/air flow with a 420 per maximum face velocity. The system includes the trough and plate along with a 6 in. thick pad that offers maximum cooling. A sump pump and float valve allow for proper water level regulation, and all the required plumbing is included.
Extra Sidewall Height - The standard vertical sidewalls on the Educator greenhouse are 5 feet tall. They can be made even taller in one foot increments up to eight feet, raising the entire height of the greenhouse significantly to accommodate even more shelving and taller plants.
Heating System - Atlas offers a 200000 BTU propane or natural gas heater from ADP to keep your plants at the right temperature year round. The heater has an aluminized burner and it heater incorporates a time delay to allow the aluminized steel heat exchanger to rise to a certain temperature before the fan is engaged. The heater is equipped with a propeller fan guard and is designed to maintain an inside temperature of 68 degrees with an outside temperature of 0 degrees and a 15 mph wind. It is equipped with a power vent and spark ignition and also includes the needed heater hanger and double wall galvanized duct vent pipe kit [two 3 inch x 1 foot pieces of pipe, two adjustable elbows, two wall collars, vent stack cover, lock connectors] and a support brace. Johnson Controls thermostat(s) that control the optional ventilation system as well are included for ease of use. An electric heating system consisting of two 17000 BTU electric heaters is also available.
Horizontal Air Flow Fan (18") - The horizontal air flow fan [1/8 HP, 1 amp, pre-wired with 115 volt cord, 3215 CFM] is recommended to help circulate the air within your greenhouse to prevent it from becoming stale. It is often paired with the heating system to help ensure even diffusion of heat throughout the greenhouse. One fan is typically sufficient even for large greenhouses though some customers prefer to have two. The fans have an industrial grade aluminum blade, include the hanging bracket, and come completely assembled and ready for use.
Manual Shutters - Atlas offers a 24" manually-operated shutter for use in its greenhouses. Two are recommended for maximum effectiveness, and these are perfect for areas in which a motorized ventilation system is not feasible. The manual shutters are made of aluminum, and other sizes are available upon request.
Second Door - An extra single door can be added to back of the greenhouse to provide access from both ends and complete cross ventilation for your greenhouse. The extra door includes a lockset and is 42" wide x 78" tall. With 5 ft. or 6 ft. or 7 ft. sidewalls, there's only space on the back wall for the optional extra door or the optional evaporative cooler, but not both. Both an extra door and the evaporative cooler can fit when the sidewalls are 8 ft. tall. Even wider front and back doors and sliding doors are available upon request.
Shade Cloth - The Svennson FLS Shade Cloth is an effective way to provide partial shade for your greenhouse and reduce the internal temperature on hot days. It is available in four different shade densities, though 51% is the most commonly used density for most of the country. The shade cloth is grommeted and taped 2' on centers. It can be installed on the roof or inside the greenhouse underneath the bottom truss cord. Svensson shade cloths create much less heat load than typical black shade cloths, though black ones are available upon request.
Ventilation System - Atlas offers a complete ventilation system for the Educator which includes two industrial quality Quietaire GCS 30" slant wall exhaust fans [1/2 hp, 6956 CFM @ 0.10 SP, 110V or 220V, single speed, shutter and guard] for superior air movement inside your greenhouse. These are paired with one 24" motorized shutter on the end wall which offers fresh air intake. The system is easily controlled with an automatic control system that uses thermostats [single or double stage, temperature range 30-110 degrees Fahrenheit, SPDT, style 3, coiled bulb, from Johnson Controls.
Atlas Greenhouse Product Videos
Atlas Greenhouse - The Educator Overview
Atlas Greenhouse - The Educator Features Tour
Atlas Greenhouse - Maintaining Your Horizontal Air Flow (HAF) Fans
Atlas Greenhouse - Maintaining Your Exhaust Fans
Atlas Greenhouse - Maintaining Your Wall Vents
Atlas Greenhouse - Features of a Vegetable Transplant House
About Atlas Manufacturing, Inc.
Atlas Manufacturing, Inc. - A Company Overview
Founded in 1986, Atlas Manufacturing, Inc. has grown from a three man company with a 3000 square feet warehouse to dozens of employees with over 80,000 square feet of sales, manufacturing, and warehouse space. Its structures have been sold all over the country for ornamental horticulture, vegetable production, teaching environments, and high end hobby grower use.
Atlas manufactures virtually everything needed by hobby, educational, and commercial gardeners alike and installation services are available upon request. Designed, engineered, and manufactured in Alapaha, GA, Atlas has a dedicated support staff and an on-site R&D department. Superior customer service is a cornerstone of their business model along with fair pricing and industry-leading quality.
Atlas offers a wide variety of accessories for its greenhouses including shelving, heating, ventilation, shade cloths, extra doors, evaporative coolers, irrigation systems, curtain systems, and a variety of new products that are constantly under development. Atlas's friendly staff is available to assist directly with any technical questions and the great pride taken in everything Atlas manufactures is evident at every step.