The popular Mt. Hood 6X8 Greenhouse is a perennial best-seller from Sunshine GardenHouse. At six feet wide and over eight feet tall, it's spacious enough to comfortably walk and work in, yet compact enough to fit in any sized yard depending on which model you choose.
Each Mt. Hood model is made with a clear natural redwood frame, twin wall polycarbonate and includes two vents with automatic vent openers, one roof ridge vents and one base vent at the back wall. A convenient Dutch door entry provides additional ventilation control and access.
No foundation is necessary as every greenhouse includes a Trex base that can be put onto any surface including soil. The frame base of the GardenHouse is a durable plastic with the authentic look, color and texture of redwood, but with the consistent properties of plastic, making it resistant to insect and moisture damage. It is only necessary to prepare a flat surface of gravel, wood, cement, or other material as indicated.
With up to four optional benches, you can optimize your space. If you decide that you need more space later, a four foot extension kit is available. With our pre-assembled panels, you can easily assemble your Mt. Hood series GardenHouse in less than a day. Each GardenHouse includes easy-to-follow printed instructions, clearly labeled panels, and an excellent assembly video.
Automatic Vent Openers for Roof/Base Vents - Automatic vent operators on the roof and base vents require no electricity or batteries. The vent operator contains a paraffin (wax) that expands when the temperature reaches about 65°F, pushing the vent open to its fully opened position at about 85°F. As it cools and the paraffin contracts, the operator's springs draw each vent closed. It is adjustable within approximately 5°F and easily detachable for manual operation.
- Nominal Size: 6' x 8'
- Dimensions: 100" height x 72" width x 96" depth
- Door dimenstions: 28" width x 78" height (optional 39" width wheelchair accessible door available)
- Attractive and durable redwood frame - naturally resistant to insect and moisture damage
- 4.5mm double-wall polycarbonate panels - will not crack or shatter, retains heat in the winter, diffuses light for even plant growth, blocks 98% of harmful UV rays
- Quick and easy assembly - includes detailed instructions and convenient product assembly video
- Patented rigid tie connectors for added strength - the GardenHouse was tested by an independent lab to withstand 85 mph winds with no damage
- 45 degree roof slope - increases heat in the winter and reduces it in the summer while providing ample headroom and plant-hanging space
- 18 lbs. per sq. ft. maximum snow load
- Shipping: 4 boxes, 338 lbs.
- 5 year warranty against defects in workmanship, 10 year prorated warranty on polycarbonate - Sunshine Gardenhouse stands by its products and has never had a warranty claim in 20 years
- Made in the U.S.A.
Bench Kit - The elegant redwood benches are specially designed by Sunshine Gardenhouse to give you plenty of sturdy space to work on and display your plants. The 21" wide by 8' long benches run the length of the greenhouse, and each unit can hold up to four. Made with clear natural redwood, these benches have a 5 year warranty. The benches can be stacked to provide even more growing area. A 6' long x 18" wide back bench is also available that requires side wall benches to be installed and runs the length of the back wall.
Anchor Kit - The anchor kit is recommended to protect your greenhouse against high winds and inclimate weather. Each kit contains two anchors, which are easily hammered into the ground. Two anchors are preferred each side. The anchors consist of 4 1/2" diameter x 16" rebar ribbed steel stakes, along with two cold galvanized anchor base plates.
Shade Cloth - The shade cloth aids in plant growth by blocking excessive sunlight in the summer months. We recommend a multipurpose 60% light blocking knitted weave, which provides an excellent cooling and UV light transmission balance, is extremely lightweight, and will not unravel when cut or torn like traditional woven shade cloths. Our custom GardenHouse shade cloth kits come complete with attractive knitted green shade cloth fabric, nylon cord and six plastic Clip-its™, as well as detailed instructions on how to use and install. The cloth is UV treated and guaranteed for a minimum of 5 years. The 12X12 shade cloth fits all units up to the Mt. Rainier 8X12 and is easily cut to size.