The efficient SB Non-Vented Propane Heater from Solexx is a perfect way to keep your greenhouse at an optimal temperature on even the coldest days. It circulates warm are throughout the greenhouse while venting combusted gases and fumes outside, protecting sensitive plants.
Originally designed for orchid greenhouses, this thermostatically-controlled enclosed flame heater circulates heat from the floor up. This keeps the entire greenhouse at a constant level as the roof temperature is usually only 5° to 7° above the floor temperature.
No electricity is needed at all, meaning that your greenhouse will stay heated even during power outages. The SB Propane Heater does not require venting, though a fresh air intake is required. At 20000 BTU, this powerful propane heater can easily and economically warm even large hobby greenhouses and will provide years of comfortable climate for your plants.
- Model: HH-40P
- Dimensions: 12 ½" diameter x 22" height
- 20000 BTU
- Mill-polished aluminum outer shell for durability in humid greenhouse conditions
- Inside is 24 gauge aluminized steel firebox with vertical flues for maximum air circulation with a stainless steel burner
- Suggested placement is one unit per 175 sq. ft. or so of greenhouse space in northern states or about 225 sq. ft. or so in southern states
- Includes wall-mounted, single stage thermostat with a temperature range of 39° to 79° that lets you specify the exact temperature
- Includes detailed instructions and venting recommendations
- Uses clean-burning, economical natural gas
- No electricity required
- Includes millivolt gas control with 100% safety cut-off feature in case pilot light goes out
- Ideal placement is under a side bench, installed flush with the front edge of the bench or at the end of the aisle
- Heats from the floor up, keeping the temperature at the top of the greenhouse with 5° to 7° of the floor temperature
- Requires fresh air intake; PVC pipe and flashing are not included
- Also available in a model powered by natural gas
- Requires a 100 lb. or larger propane tank (not included)
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
Optional Set Back Thermostat: The set back thermostat gives you the ability to set two separate temperatures, ideally one for the day and one for the night. Made by Honeywell, the thermostat has an adjustable clock that runs only on 1 AA alkaline battery and uses 15 minute intervals to set the temperature change from day to night settings. The temperature range is from 45° to 90°, and the thermostat can be mounted up to 25 feet from the heater.